Super Luke | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Super Luke

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
Ok so majority of it was because of the home game, odd bit because of his past, no different to the usual. Thanks to those who answered.

Nov 9, 2013
York
I'd say it was because of the incident at Home Park however they used whatever ammo they had to try put him off his game. Hats off to Luke for remaining focused despite the abuse. Even from the away end it sounded loud so must have been deafening for him during the first half

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
thirskgreen":1wy9v1e8 said:
I'd say it was because of the incident at Home Park however they used whatever ammo they had to try put him off his game. Hats off to Luke for remaining focused despite the abuse. Even from the away end it sounded loud so must have been deafening for him during the first half

I think he's at the stage now where there's probably nothing he hasn't heard and either drowns it out or has just learnt to use it to get pumped up, he was outstanding today.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
I was at the home game but am very forgetful...what did Luke do? I know I knew I just can't recall

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
earl grey":ni5ji4yr said:
I was at the home game but am very forgetful...what did Luke do? I know I knew I just can't recall

Mandeville struck a penalty against the post and Luke went up to him and gloated which Coppinger took offence and squared up to Luke and was sent off. The penalty BTW wasn't a penalty.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
green dreams":1ocxhaf0 said:
Ok so majority of it was because of the home game, odd bit because of his past, no different to the usual. Thanks to those who answered.
They used his past in their chanting too.

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":1s6bdu7i said:
green dreams":1s6bdu7i said:
They used his past in their chanting too.

I said that, odd bit because of his past ^

Mar 23, 2008
Back on topic what a performance. That save from Marquis header was immense and a very special save.

Aug 5, 2016
There was a banner in the Donny crowd. I was intrigued what was written on it, but the TV cameras didn't zoom in on it. I can only assume it was something complimentary about Luke's goalkeeping skills?

We have to thanks the Donny fans for targeting him, giving him abuse and getting his adrenaline going because that proved vital to his reaction saves :-D

Jul 13, 2006
I could hear the abuse pretty loud on my tv ( regarding his past) . Still, thanks Donny fans, he was awesome today.
And the banner obviously said something vitriolic as you could see Adams pointing at it.

Feb 24, 2008
C'mom Luke does/tries his best in ALL games (as I'm sure all other players do) .His saves today , could have been in any game. Yes 'added ' spice for him due to HP but he made 2 super saves, to say thier fans made him save them is rubbish!!! Yes he may take more satisfaction from it, but they didn't make him save those attempts. The usual abuse was heard from the tv and boo's for HP.
On the way to L1

May 16, 2016
Asked earlier, did the Donny fans know what their players, especially Coppinger said to him during events at our place ? Something obviously riled Luke outside of normal match stuff that day.

I'm always amused about how precious football fans are. An hour and a half of several thousand peopl giving an individual some dogs abuse is fine. If that player so much as fliicks the Vs' back at them, then everyone is outraged, traumatised, suffer from PTSD and demand counselling and retribrution, or, apparently if a Donny fan, you're taken to producing a banner. This after moving seats just to be rude to the player in question.

Oh dear me.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Guiri Green":lfx16ke0 said:
Asked earlier, did the Donny fans know what their players, especially Coppinger said to him during events at our place ? Something obviously riled Luke outside of normal match stuff that day.

I'm always amused about how precious football fans are. An hour and a half of several thousand peopl giving an individual some dogs abuse is fine. If that player so much as fliicks the Vs' back at them, then everyone is outraged, traumatised, suffer from PTSD and demand counselling and retribrution, or, apparently if a Donny fan, you're taken to producing a banner. This after moving seats just to be rude to the player in question.

Oh dear me.

Has anything been made public about what if anything was said between them?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The save from Marquis was incredible. It was a 'point blank' header but Luke somehow managed to push it away from the danger area.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Ade the green":2fjw3bs7 said:
earl grey":2fjw3bs7 said:

Ahh yeah, that incident when a young un took their pen and everybody was a bit shocked by it. Cheers

Mandeville struck a penalty against the post and Luke went up to him and gloated which Coppinger took offence and squared up to Luke and was sent off. The penalty BTW wasn't a penalty.