Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!! | Page 79 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
Reactions: BDW

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Really sad to read this evening that Gerry Conway, long-time drummer with Fairport Convention, but also has performed with the likes of Cat Stevens and Jethro Tull, has passed away. I've seen him several times with Fairport over the years up to when he suddenly retired from playing back in 2022, when he was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease (I guessed his retirement was health related, but didn't know until Simon Nichol from Fairport announced this evening Conway had MND).

RIP Gerry.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Really sad to read this evening that Gerry Conway, long-time drummer with Fairport Convention, but also has performed with the likes of Cat Stevens and Jethro Tull, has passed away. I've seen him several times with Fairport over the years up to when he suddenly retired from playing back in 2022, when he was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease (I guessed his retirement was health related, but didn't know until Simon Nichol from Fairport announced this evening Conway had MND).

RIP Gerry.

Oh that's a shame, RIP.

He played on the Broadsword and Crest of a Knave albums, both great albums.
I've seen Tull a few times back in the day and Fairport once.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
No, Trevor Lucas was married to Sandy Denny. He joined Fairport when Sandy re-joined briefly after their time in Fotheringhay. Gerry was married to Jacqui McShee from Pentangle.
Ok thanks. And Trevor Lucas was Australian I believe.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
RIP Chris Cross, bass player with Ultravox.

My first proper gig was Ultravox down at the Cornwall Coliseum in 1986 :(

Last edited:

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
Remember seeing him at 1977 Reading with John Foxx-era Ultravox. Sad news.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Peter Higgs, discoverer of the Higgs Boson particle, has died aged 94.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
OJ Simpson, 76.
I saw a documentary years ago that made a very convincing case that he was actually covering for his son, who had serious 'anger management ishoooz' (it seems that anything remotely problematic these days must be referred to as an 'issue') knowing that he (OJ) would ultimately be acquitted because those pesky gloves didn't fit. It's all pretty hazy now, but I think the son's hands fitted perfectly, as did his shoe size for the bloody footprints.

Possibly a load of b0ll0x, though, since I never heard anything more about it.