Stevenage match thread & Pasoti chat room | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stevenage match thread & Pasoti chat room

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Bristol Rich":3p3lf2r3 said:
Ollieargyle9":3p3lf2r3 said:
No it was not an accident, it was a result of us losing our best players to injury/loan recalls. A view that many on here were quite happy to go along with when we were enjoying 8 goals, 3 clean sheets and 4 brilliant wins. With our best players on the pitch we produce results like Accrington, Wycombe, Cambridge and E****r, that is the potential in our team.
The fact that we beat Exeter totally clouds any logical discussion, it's pathetic really. The fact you can't even right Exeter sums you up, it's chavy and ridiculous.

Dear oh dear you write off 'logical discussion' yet it is you and only you who has only managed to muster counter arguments as utterly thought provoking as to call people "chavy", somehow sum up my whole character on an internet post, make ludicrous suggestions about others preparing excuses in advance of us finishing 8th or some such nonsense and oh yea! Trot out of the age old "Sheridan will leave us, he doesn't care about Argyle" line. If that's 'logical discussion' then I am sorry oh great one but it is beyond my tiny mind to match it :nworthy:
I believe not being able to write Exeter is the sign of a small mind! If it's not chavy what is it? Please enlighten me, also I didn't say Sheridan didn't care so don't misquote me, I said I expect he will leave in the summer.

It is irrelevant, meaningless point scoring on your part is what it is :sigh:

As before, it is but one of a nice collection of thought provoking counter-arguments you have so far offered to this discussion.
Interesting that you won't answer it though, maybe you have a career in politics ahead of you! Also nice sidestep on the misquote, excellent politician material again.

Answer what? A childish jibe at my personality from some bloke on the internet? I'll give that a miss thanks.

I think we're done here, clearly you have no interest in even answering any of the actual points I and others have made above.

May 1, 2011
Ollieargyle9 the point I am trying to make is that because we beat Exeter away from home and it was great fun etc and some people for some obscure reason think they are scum etc there is a danger that obscures the fact that last night was just important as the Exeter game, that Exeter game has become more significant than it really is. In reality we had had a good away win at a lower middle table side who played poorly. The point I made which you won't answer is that we are scrabbling for 7th in early March, Sheridan said the playoffs are the minimum, the minimum....When you look at the whole season I'm afraid we are underachieving. I'm pretty sure Sheridan would think the same thing.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
To be honest, you know if we reach the playoffs, we'll win the 1st leg away 2-0 and lose the 2nd leg at home 3-0. It's the nature of our season.

L

Leopold

Keepitgreen":1py7lw2v said:
Leopold":1py7lw2v said:
:sad: A dagger through the heart.
Goodbye to promotion hopes. :furious:
'This has a last minute goal to Stevenage written all over it'...or words to that effect, from someone earlier this evening.
Seems like we tried to win the game, too. If we'd tried to defend, well, we would probably have fared no better.
GO GREENS! (wherever).
Leopold.
:sick:
Here's the guilty party:

Pasties and Cider":1py7lw2v said:
Got last minute goal for Stevenage written all over this.
Well done P&C.

I confess to being very pessimistic myself, sometimes; but without intending to start a Jungian debate about the collective unconscious/conscious mind, about causative psychical forces etc., let us all try to infuse our players with some positive vibrations and energy in time for Saturday's encounter.
GO GREENS!

C

Cobi Budge.

jespafc":2k1qt2jm said:
To be honest, you know if we reach the playoffs, we'll win the 1st leg away 2-0 and lose the 2nd leg at home 3-0. It's the nature of our season.

Couldn't see us beating a top 7 team over two legs and then beating another at Wembley if we got there.

Some people talk as if securing 7th spot means promotion.

Jul 24, 2009
Cobi Budge.":9ewmong8 said:
jespafc":9ewmong8 said:

Couldn't see us beating a top 7 team over two legs and then beating another at Wembley if we got there.

Some people talk as if securing 7th spot means promotion.
If we are in one of periods of form then I certainly can, when playing well we are a match for anyone. If we are in one of our periods of bad form I wouldn't bet on us to beat anyone.

Aug 11, 2013
I'm in the camp that doesn't think we will win anything under Sheridan. In fact I've posted I'm not that keen for him to stay even if we are successful. It's fair to say that people like me keep out of here when things are going well rather than spoil the 'feel good atmosphere' but we still hold that view no matter what, as we know any success will be short-lived.

Have to say I felt slightly sorry for the manager last night. Seems we did everything humanly possible to get a win. Can't really argue with bringing in Blizzard. Bringing on Cox and Banton was another good move.

But .... we are naïve and don't learn from our mistakes. I seem to recall the exact same scenario not long ago. Putting too many men forward. Losing possession at a corner and the opposition scoring the winning goal. It shouldn't happen twice. That is pathetic.

I don't know whether we will make the playoffs or not. I've very little if any confidence we could get up through the playoffs even if we finish top 7 as we are such a Jekyll and Hyde team.

I've written this season off. A visit to Wembley is about as much as can be hoped for, but I've absolutely no confidence we'd do anything there, as we have a habit of not turning up when it really matters.

I do know that a decent manager, allowed the freedom to sign player after player like Sheridan, and with the quality in this team, would be getting more out of us.

looking forward to the end of season or a move by Oldham to end this continual torture ...

Jan 7, 2013
arrythewurzel":1h04jkz7 said:
I'm in the camp that doesn't think we will win anything under Sheridan. In fact I've posted I'm not that keen for him to stay even if we are successful. It's fair to say that people like me keep out of here when things are going well rather than spoil the 'feel good atmosphere' but we still hold that view no matter what, as we know any success will be short-lived.

Have to say I felt slightly sorry for the manager last night. Seems we did everything humanly possible to get a win. Can't really argue with bringing in Blizzard. Bringing on Cox and Banton was another good move.

But .... we are naïve and don't learn from our mistakes. I seem to recall the exact same scenario not long ago. Putting too many men forward. Losing possession at a corner and the opposition scoring the winning goal. It shouldn't happen twice. That is pathetic.

I don't know whether we will make the playoffs or not. I've very little if any confidence we could get up through the playoffs even if we finish top 7 as we are such a Jekyll and Hyde team.

I've written this season off. A visit to Wembley is about as much as can be hoped for, but I've absolutely no confidence we'd do anything there, as we have a habit of not turning up when it really matters.

I do know that a decent manager, allowed the freedom to sign player after player like Sheridan, and with the quality in this team, would be getting more out of us.

looking forward to the end of season or a move by Oldham to end this continual torture ...
Exactly this for me, agree with every word.

Oct 5, 2013
clokey84":3hzb29ug said:
arrythewurzel":3hzb29ug said:

Exactly this for me, agree with every word.

Me too