Southend v Argyle match thread & Pasoti chatroom | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Southend v Argyle match thread & Pasoti chatroom

Jan 29, 2010
Very good game, both sides pushing for a winner how the keeper got to the Carey effort I don't know, was right behind it heading for the top corner and all of a sudden a hand appears.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Excellent result, a good solid start with three good performances in what looked a tough opening set of fixtures.

Mar 14, 2009
LeonTheGreen":17bcsmu3 said:
When the fixtures were released I said it would be a very difficult start to the season with regards to who we were playing. Decent start against tough opposition.

Totally agree about our tough start. This is surely confirmed with Peterborough's and Charlton's good start to the season.

Like someone said Southend's squad is strong. They certainly spent on recruiting some decent experience. Always hear how Leonard is a vital clog in their side.

There will be bad days ahead but with a couple of strong additions, and Ness still to make his league debut, its very pleasing to hear how we seem to be competitive in this league with options on the bench who can influence how we perform.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Tugboat":1jbjzx39 said:
3 games into a new league and 4 points out of 9 is more than acceptable.

Performance levels are also encouraging and a striker upfront may bring that extra spark

4 pts out of 9 would keep us out of RELEGATION at least but will be happier with 7 from 12

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
samjones":3650nn0l said:
Tugboat":3650nn0l said:

Performance levels are also encouraging and a striker upfront may bring that extra spark

4 pts out of 9 would keep us out of relegation at least but will be happier with 7 from 12

The point I was making was it's a new league going up against better organised teams with more ability so to match that in our opening 3 games is encouraging

Jun 2, 2016
Everything was wrong 1st half. Goal was unlucky somewhat. Over run in midfield and under attack down the left flank. Plus poor passing and decision making.
2nd half a complete turnaround ad Songo'o gave solidity and Ainsworths pace and movement inspired Carey and Blisset. Lovely equaliser and Carey's 20 yarder kept out by a fine save.
We are learning every week. But we'll need to start games quicker. Been poor 1st half every time so far
Btw what was Ryan Leonard playing at in the first half at the free kick?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Some of their comments.. Lolz... You'd have thought they were a giant of the football world taking on a minnow today, but conversely are delighted by their 7,000 attendance.
Sounded very much like a game of 2 halves to me. We were lucky to go in at ht only one down. They were lucky to take the point and only did so because their gk pulled off a worldy

Sep 6, 2006
samjones":5clo7y01 said:
Tugboat":5clo7y01 said:

4 pts out of 9 would keep us out of relegation at least but will be happier with 7 from 12

I might be wrong but I dont think we will play 2/3 of our games away from home.