Sheridan sacked | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan sacked

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Tugboat":2c65l74b said:
He's really bad at pulling teams out of low morale situations.

You've lost 8 on the bounce and he says the same things slating the players. Try something different ya kn0b

The real problem is that he puts them there!!

Body language of a Dr Who angel, only moves when you're not looking at him!! :lol:

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
To be fair to him, he did keep us up when we looked doomed and then got us into the play offs, only for his inept tactics to fail us. Been chasing money ever since and it clearly isn't working at Notts County. The bloke also has the personality of a brick wall.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
4-0 beating at Cambridge to set club record of 9 consecutive defeats.

Team performance called "shambolic" by Nottingham press.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Sorry to hear this. A strange bloke, strange manager, couldn't fathom him at all. Impossible to warm to him but his record is quite good. I think he could be a success with someone alongside to make up for his deficiencies. He came across as being almost socially inept but is apparently big mates with the likes of Chris Waddle & Harry Redknapp which doesn't add up. Anyway, he did a job for us but relieved when he left with no hard feelings on either side.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Took us from non league bound to the play offs within 2 years.

Will have my respect for that. But was glad when he left TBH.

Jul 3, 2013
Would still be manager of us now if it wasn't for family reasons. Have a bit of respect for all those involved in our darkest hours. Ejits

Oct 19, 2013
Prince Rock, Plymouth
Notts County sack manager after nine successive league defeats

Notts County have sacked boss John Sheridan after a run of nine successive defeats left them one point above the League Two relegation zone.

(Article content removed, please post a link instead)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I think Sheridan made an error of judgement when he decided to leave Oldham and move to Meadow Lane. Yes, Oldham are a club with financial issues and currently in a relegation struggle in League One, but, he kept them up the season before and why drop down a League after that?

First managerial casualty of 2017 but sure he won't be the only member of that club long.