Sell on Clause - Bolasie | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sell on Clause - Bolasie

Aug 7, 2013
Not sure if this question has been asked already, but is there a sell on clause for Bolasie?

Sterling leaving Liverpool for 50mil apparently earns QPR 10 mil??
I'm hoping a big club do go in for Bolasie. Promotion push budget right there!

H

HPRJohn

It would go to Bristol city not us.

Ridsdale sold him for 30k no sell on by all accounts!! But we should be thankful because he got the whole 30k up front. What a clever honest man he is!

KeithB

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 30, 2004
Launceston
HPRJohn":2op84mtm said:
It would go to Bristol city not us.

Ridsdale sold him for 30k no sell on by all accounts!! But we should be thankful because he got the whole 30k up front. What a clever honest man he is!

I expect he negotiated for a new set of walking boots if Bolasie gets sold on! :funny:

Aug 17, 2005
Can't blame Risdale for this one Bolasie was going to walk out which he could do because he was not getting paid. City were sniffing around and offered the 30k plus paid his wages up. Can't blame Bolassie but does show he has no allegiance to any club

H

HPRJohn

Beg to differ, Bristol City enquired how much it would take - Ridsdale gave them that figure

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I can't see us getting anything

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
10 % Lol ! Would prove Brent to be the shrewdest and luckiest business man ever ! £30 Million being talked about here even at £20 million would mean £2 Million and Debts Cleared and some capital to repay Brent

Argyle Would become a cost Neutral venture after 3 years and would allow a sale of a Club in the Black with increasing gates.
I personally doubt we will get anything, This is another example of Poor management however you cannot blame Ridsdale as he did not get us into the mess that allowed us to be raped by every other club in the league. That honour goes to a Janner PAFC Supporter Paul Stapleton who should be banned from every sporting arena in Plymouth.

Ridsdale probably did his best at the time, bet Sturrock looks at that Palace team and wonders how on one wing he could get it so right and yet on the other (Puncheon) get it so wrong !!!

Feb 23, 2008
I'm sure I remember reading something about brizzle saying they could have had him for nothing but that's not the way they do business, ie circling vultures, and paid a nominal fee plus his wages?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
If there was ever a future fee (which I doubt we had the power to ask for at the time anyway) it would still have been on the sale to Palace from Bristol. They bought him for well under £1m so it wouldn't have been much.

Sad really but that's the legacy of administration for us :sad:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Yes, we sold Bolasie for £20,000, there was no sell-on clause. While we were desperate for money at that particular time the words "upon advice from Hart Sports" will haunt us for a few more years yet.

Let's not forget that for us Bolasie was a skinny, young, unpredictable and unreliable player who had pace but was still learning the game.

signalspast":103i2e8u said:
Can't blame Ridsdale for this one Bolasie was going to walk out which he could do because he was not getting paid. City were sniffing around and offered the 30k plus paid his wages up. Can't blame Bolassie but does show he has no allegiance to any club
Why should he be expected to play for no money? I'm an Argyle fan but I don't think I'd play for no wages if I could get an offer elsewhere. Lower-league footballers aren't millionaires - and even if they were I still wouldn't begrudge them playing for some financial security.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":1h3vh39u said:
Yes, we sold Bolasie for £20,000, there was no sell-on clause. While we were desperate for money at that particular time the words "upon advice from Hart Sports" will haunt us for a few more years yet.

Let's not forget that for us Bolasie was a skinny, young, unpredictable and unreliable player who had pace but was still learning the game.

I never understood why people didn't rate him at the time, yes he had a lot to learn with regards to his end product but bleddy hell the lad had talent. He was a real flair player (to the point where it didn't look like even he knew where his legs were going to take him). He was that extra bit of excitement that we really needed during those dark days and have since failed to replace.

I was actually in attendance for one of his first games at Bristol City where he appeared as a sub; the best line I remember hearing in the crowd that day was: "isn't this the guy who was brought in as a mate for Adomah", the short-shortsightedness of the humble football fan eh? :facepalm:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Reminds me of a game at Barnet when I heard one of the Barnet fans confidently say to another that Dwight Marshall was Dwight Yorke's brother.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
MannameadGreen":3denvxqx said:
signalspast":3denvxqx said:
Can't blame Ridsdale for this one Bolasie was going to walk out which he could do because he was not getting paid. City were sniffing around and offered the 30k plus paid his wages up. Can't blame Bolassie but does show he has no allegiance to any club
Why should he be expected to play for no money? I'm an Argyle fan but I don't think I'd play for no wages if I could get an offer elsewhere. Lower-league footballers aren't millionaires - and even if they were I still wouldn't begrudge them playing for some financial security.

This. Bolasie would have been being paid (or not!) about 1k a week, not much when that career is very short and could end any time. He comes across as a very pleasant chap and has an obvious affection for Argyle, illustrated by his tweets and memorabilia in his house. To label him some kind of mercenary is ridiculous.