Referee vs Exeter! FARCE | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Referee vs Exeter! FARCE

May 8, 2011
Pilgrim28":1l7youv8 said:
Plymouth Argyle FC (First Team) v Exeter City FC (First Team)
EFL Trophy
Referee: Sarginson, Christopher
Assistant Referee: Derrien, Mark
Assistant Referee: Amey, Justin
Fourth Official: Huxtable, Brett

A referee who is awful and a 4o who is based at an EX postcode. What a farce of a competition!

Argyle do have quite a few supporters with EX postcodes, especially in north Cornwall and north Devon.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A friend of mines son is a referee from Plymouth and still living here and has been a fourth official at Argyle league games at Home Park, as recently as 2016.
So using local officials has definitely happened in the past.

Feb 2, 2007
Used to get Bodenham from Looe a fair bit and I'm sure he was bias for away teams conscious of "how it might look"

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
The only reason this ref shouldn't be in charge is the farce he made of the Orient game last year - that was done to death a few weeks before the Scunny game - if you lie to cover your back rather than admitting you didn't think assault of a minor was worthy of a red card - then i would suggest you really ought not to head back to the scene of the crime too much. There are 91 other league grounds where his arrival wouldn't cause such angst.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Voice_of_Reason":2j3tkyoo said:
The only reason this ref shouldn't be in charge is the farce he made of the Orient game last year - that was done to death a few weeks before the Scunny game - if you lie to cover your back rather than admitting you didn't think assault of a minor was worthy of a red card - then i would suggest you really ought not to head back to the scene of the crime too much. There are 91 other league grounds where his arrival wouldn't cause such angst.

Let it go.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
TinTin":3c1lc41l said:
Pilgrim28":3c1lc41l said:
EFL Trophy

A referee who is awful and a 4o who is based at an EX postcode. What a farce of a competition!

How stupid you are !

As an ex-referee of some standing in the Surrey FA area, IF I could NOT officiate a game based on where I lived, I would end up redundant !

To the ignorant masses, you can ONLY officiate a game one way - irrespective of post code !

Stupid person - do you know that ?

No ?

I thought as much.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

A good, rational and respectful response. :twisted:

Jan 27, 2012
Will this game be part of Bradley's 3 match ban ?

In other words, will he still be suspended for the far more important league game against Fleetwood ?

Oct 14, 2015
justanotherfan":2ogthfrp said:
TinTin":2ogthfrp said:
Pilgrim28":2ogthfrp said:
EFL Trophy

How stupid you are !

As an ex-referee of some standing in the Surrey FA area, IF I could NOT officiate a game based on where I lived, I would end up redundant !

To the ignorant masses, you can ONLY officiate a game one way - irrespective of post code !

Stupid person - do you know that ?

No ?

I thought as much.

Keep the Faith :scarf:
[/quote

A good, rational and respectful response. :twisted:[/quo

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
You are right of course Cabbie - i should let go, but something in the pit of my stomach stops me from forgiving a man who lied to further his career, rather than own upto a mistake. Probably why i dont care for too many politicians.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Voice_of_Reason":1gznxs8e said:
You are right of course Cabbie - i should let go, but something in the pit of my stomach stops me from forgiving a man who lied to further his career, rather than own upto a mistake. Probably why i dont care for too many politicians.

He lied to further his career? Lmao

I think you have invented a whole new hearing. The ref was never charged or even questioned by football authorities over missing a red card incident let alone having to lie about it.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
He was asked for his statement for the hearing of the Orient player - in which he repsonded he didn't see the full incident.

The video clearly shows he did - but he had a Wembley gig a few weeks later so wanted to stay well out the way and let the authorities deal with him, instead of admitting he should have issued a red card on the night and potentially highlight himself in a negative way.

If you are happy with that so be it, match officials have a thankless task, will make mistakes, it happens and is forgivable of course, but when its a calculated one, sticks in the throat a little bit.

If you can let me know the next game you are attending LC i'll introduce you to my wife, you can have a battle to see who gets the last word in - would be fun to watch.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
This should be a great match, looking forward to it

Jul 13, 2006
Lancastergreen":2yuncjdv said:
This should be a great match, looking forward to it

I agree, but what are the odds and where's the smart money going?
My heart says V of R's missus but my head says LC. Decisions, decisions.