Rate The Ref v Charlton - John Brooks | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate The Ref v Charlton - John Brooks

Rate the Ref v Charlton

Votes: 3 3.1%

Votes: 2 2.0%

Votes: 5 5.1%

Votes: 9 9.2%

Votes: 20 20.4%

Votes: 21 21.4%

Votes: 23 23.5%

Votes: 12 12.2%

Votes: 3 3.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":2wjx14ju said:
PL2 3DQ":2wjx14ju said:
IJN":2wjx14ju said:
Pedantic fool, only a 3 from me because of his interpretation of the advantage rule.

One incident of playing advantage was strange. He gave advantage to Charlton and after at least three of their players had touched the ball he pulled it back and gave Charlton a free-kick!

quote]

There is nothing wrong with the sound of that. Officials are now encouraged to go back and award the free kick if advantage doesn't play out.
Were you there ?

C

Charles Plym

Thought he had a good game apart from allowing their manager to book miller and allowing their 14 to dive twice . That aside id rather have him than about a dozen of those we saw last year 8/10

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
Advantage being played is the sign of a good referee but the time he allowed the advantage to stand for was the sign of a poor referee. The ball had been passed 3 or 4 times and had moved about 50 yards when we won back possession.

Miller's yellow was harsh. Seen them given of course but he had nowhere to go and made no move to block the player. Then when sarcevic was held down at the other end - nothing. Dive for a penalty - nothing.

He was far from the worst but no sign of a step up from league two for me. 5

A

andyr1963

rsp4":1h0awpp6 said:
4 from me. I thought he nearly lost control at one point.

3 things stick in my mind which in my eyes were totally wrong

Miller getting booked when it wasnt even a foul
Their man diving in the second half in our area and he didnt even book him
He miised a load of tackles from behind from both sides.

Not his best day for sure

Thought Miller used his elbow, in a classic, the ball or the man can pass me but not both. :greensmile:
No.14 diving and play acting should have been punished.
Certainly missed a Carey two footed challenge, but that was obviously the right decision. :greensmile:

No criticism from me as the ref definitely tried to play the advantage wherever he could. Not sure about the Grandstand Lino decisions at times but then I was in the Lyndhurst in line with the Demport penalty spot, still reckon he made some dodgy ones though. :lol:

C

Charles Plym

For me it was refreshing to see a referee try and keep his cards in his pocket ( miller aside) i really think he was fair to both sides tried to keep it flowing , made a couple of debateable decisions but overall was bloody decent . Be careful what you wish for ....

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Charlton players were diving at every opportunity yet the ref did nothing.So much for the new rule on diving...one incident in particular a Charlton player goes sprawling in our box and cries out for a penalty....ref does nothing....look ref its either a penalty or a dive....

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
6 and overall ok.

Miller booking was him relenting to player pressure as initially he was only go to give the free kick until they protested and surrounded him.

14's Dive was an obvious yellow card and not his first

Advantage was played far too long to return the ball for a free kick.

They played lots of free kicks at least 10 yards from the offence and he was ok with that but when we took a quick one 5 yards away he pulled it back

Aug 2, 2011
I have seen far worse. Overall he let the game flow yea one or two questionable decisions but overall rather him than many others I have seen.

Sep 25, 2010
Reading all the comments above, and the inconsistency in the comments, shows you what a difficult job referring is. All the comments contradict yourselves. You are not consistently in your remarks.

But this is what you cry out for.

A lot of it is green tinted glasses, and not based on a neutral bloke trying to do the best he can, like to see some of you actually referee a game. Most of you would not the advantage LAW not rule if it hit you in the face.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
To allow so many touches after the 'offence' and then call it back looked very, very strange.

It was if he realised he should have blown, then decided against it, then when the Charlton player eventually made a rickets, he called it back.

Refereeing must be a pig of a job, but some of the jokers in the bottom two tiers are truly poor.

C

Charles Plym

oddball":r24qcwgh said:
Charlton players were diving at every opportunity yet the ref did nothing.So much for the new rule on diving...one incident in particular a Charlton player goes sprawling in our box and cries out for a penalty....ref does nothing....look ref its either a penalty or a dive....
Why ? Who says ? Someone cant lose there balance or stumble or slip ? fudging stupid thing to say !

Jul 17, 2011
The worst decision I've ever seen..... he blew for offside and then let fox take it 30 yards from their goal.....other than that he was ok.

Mar 20, 2008
It is the new rule - came in last season - the free kick was taken from where the ball was touched - you can now be given a free kick against you for off side in your own half

R

rdr123

3/10. Whistle happy and inconsistent! Charlton Striker should have been booked for blatant diving. And I agree about how he let play go on for about 15 seconds and then pulled it back for a free kick, this is football not rugby. Overall a poor performance from him.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Weak, weak referee...

Not the only sign but a big sign of weakness for me was the pulling back of McCormick all game. At first Luke looked to throw out quickly but was pulled from behind, Luke kept the ball in his hands so the ref allowed things to carry on.

Despite not losing possession we did lose the chance to offload quickly, a strong referee would have blown for the foul and had a word. Instead he played on, this set a bad precedent for the rest of the game allowing Charlton to pull, kick and nudge Luke to prevent the quick ball all game long (or at least until we took the lead and weren't looking for it).

Maybe I'm being harsh expecting it on the first incident but this happened numerous times, ample opportunity for the ref to step in and tell them that is not a fair way to stop a 'keeper from playing.

He missed a handful of dives, gave fouls for small challenges. People have mentioned the 15-20 second advantage, I'd argue the initial foul wasn't a foul to begin with. Miller's booking was laughable especially considering their player dragged one of ours down seconds before in the build up.

Other than all that had a good game - 2/10