Ranieri sacked | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ranieri sacked

Aug 22, 2006
Not surprising. In fact the most shocking news of last night came in Cyprus when 10 men Apoel defeated Athletico Bilbao 2-0! 3 weeks ago I spoke to someone who knows one of the players well. He was not at all complimentary to Ranieri, far from it in fact. Tactically inept, no plan B, disliked by players, and he's not apparently quite the charming man we are lead to believe. Take from that what you will. On the flip side the players surely should get over any issues they have with him and pull together after all he won them the title (even if you could argue that the lack of injuries and tinkering helped matters.). Ultimately leicester are the only side in the professional leagues not to have scored this year. They've been absolutely dire all season maybe bar the game against man city and 1 other. Sentiment In football? I don't think there's been much of that for years!!! The outrage in the media of course is OTT. Yes it's sad, yes maybe he should have been given another month especially after last years sensational achievements but does that then buy him a job for life? What's the point of him even turning up to a game? They may as well just lose every game, get relegated and the public can just say "oh well they won the league title doesn't matter." Strange thinking after all mourinho was sacked last year and he's a better manager than ranieri.
Ultimately either the squad should been sacked or ranieri. I think the latter is the easier option unfortunately and I wouldn't be surprised If there was a major bust up in the dressing room on the way. If the owners hadn't acted they'd be blamed for being incompetent.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I wondered in the summer if some of the teams with ponderous defenders would struggle one the decision to stop pulling, holding and blocking was properly implemented. Huth especially played outside the rules and his crude efficiency has been negated. I really do believe that although he had problems finding a goal scoring combination this season, his loyalty to Morgan and Huth, and to an extent Fuchs, has ultimately cost him his job.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Last season was clearly a one-off and when a player like Mahrez decides he can't be bothered any more you know it isn't going to end well. We can all look forward to money dominating the game for another few decades at least.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
3 0 now.

Adds merit to the rumours the players didn't give their all for Ranieri because they look really up for this.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Apparently there's a rumour that he's given half of his 3m pay off to the Foxes Foundation charity. Nice touch if true.

101greatgoals.com

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Although sad, I think his sacking was completely understandable and in many ways inevitable/essential. Clearly, the Leicester board had to do something significant, ANYTHING in fact, to try to kickstart a change in fortunes. Sacking Ranieri was just about the only option available of sufficient magnitude. Whether the strategy has worked only time will tell but last night's result is a good start.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Keepitgreen":2ic376my said:
Apparently there's a rumour that he's given half of his 3m pay off to the Foxes Foundation charity. Nice touch if true.

101greatgoals.com

It is a very nice gesture but don't forget there are tax breaks for the donor in gifting for the benefit of a registered charity. In saying this, I am not taking anything away from the gesture.