Promotion DVD coming soon | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Promotion DVD coming soon

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Tugboat":2lo4dqch said:
£18 in store.

Way overpriced. £10-12 maybe and I would have bought one

£20ish is the norm elsewhere although recently a copy has been a part of the Gold Membership package.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Well so far the quality is absolutely abysmal to be honest.

Flickering graphics. Reminds me of watching an old VHS that's been worn down a bit.

Gutted to say its a premium price for a primark product.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":3li1owps said:
Well so far the quality is absolutely abysmal to be honest.

Flickering graphics. Reminds me of watching an old VHS that's been worn down a bit.

Gutted to say its a premium price for a primark product.
The DVD is on a continuous loop at the exhibition in the Tribute Lounge this weekend and appears to be trouble free and of good quality. Maybe you got a dud copy?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Fair point KiG. I'm sure plenty of people have received their copies today, would be interested to hear if they have similar issues?

Any graphics or text added seems to vibrate.

Asides from quality issues, the whole thing is basically just a copy and paste of YouTube highlights and interviews.

Any use of Charlie's fantastic matchday moments footage is a direct copy and paste of his edited upload.

I guess I had high hopes that our promotion DVD may have been edited a bit more to have told a story of our season. Sadly its just a drab, clumsily pieced together series of highlights.

It could and should have been so much more had a bit of thought and effort been put into it.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
The extended coverage of the league games are of a decent quality. The FA cup games are also decent including the extra coverage. Where it jumps is the pre-season friendlies which can only be expected.

The additional interviews are good value in themselves as even during the season there was some hints from the players by sight, sound and demeanour as to whether they were 100% committed. DA comes across as committed to the cause from the start of the season and on, possibly for the 4 years left (if he's not poached) on his contract.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Almost everything that is on the DVD is on Argyle player or for free YouTube. For the Liverpool games YouTube has far better quality coverage.

The only positive I can say for the DVD is the end of season dinner interview with Sonny which is edited with clips to provide context to what he's talking about. Its the only piece that I feel effort has gone into the editing for the purpose of the DVD.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
SwimWithTheTide":pk22vti9 said:
Almost everything that is on the DVD is on Argyle player or for free YouTube. For the Liverpool games YouTube has far better quality coverage.

The only positive I can say for the DVD is the end of season dinner interview with Sonny which is edited with clips to provide context to what he's talking about. Its the only piece that I feel effort has gone into the editing for the purpose of the DVD.

Fair enough. At least this is all in one place and as time goes on it will always be at hand rather than trying to find something specific. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Simple.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Didn't mean to offend you Ade. I did very much want a DVD documenting Argyle's promotion winning season. Enough to pre order at £24!!

Sadly the Argyle media department has served up an awful product for the fans and its less than we deserve as a souvenir for our season.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
SwimWithTheTide":mfiwmhij said:
Didn't mean to offend you Ade. I did very much want a DVD documenting Argyle's promotion winning season. Enough to pre order at £24!!

Sadly the Argyle media department has served up an awful product for the fans and its less than we deserve as a souvenir for our season.

When did you think you offended me? Must have been another thread. I've not watched the pre-season friendly coverage as it's not really my thing but it think St Blazey has a FB channel they stream on which looks like what they saw.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
You said if I didn't want it I shouldn't have bought it, I thought you felt annoyed that I'd criticised something Argyle. If people like it then great, but in my opinion its a massive let down and a wasted opportunity to capture a terrific season.

Match day moments tell a story of each matchday. Charlie does a fantastic job capturing the timeline and emotion of each match. I thought the promotion DVD might contain a similar narrative of the season we've all just enjoyed, but its not.

Its just a playlist of league match highlights. All of which are available on YouTube, or more comprehensive highlights available on Argyle player. Then the cup games are thrown in, separate and out of context to the league. The Anfield leg doesn't even have commentary.

Maybe as a younger fan who's not experienced a promotion season very often (my third) I expected too much. 24 quid isn't cheap, but I just felt the quality of what has been thrown together is :(

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
SwimWithTheTide":zl9pm9ds said:
You said if I didn't want it I shouldn't have bought it, I thought you felt annoyed that I'd criticised something Argyle. If people like it then great, but in my opinion its a massive let down and a wasted opportunity to capture a terrific season.

Match day moments tell a story of each matchday. Charlie does a fantastic job capturing the timeline and emotion of each match. I thought the promotion DVD might contain a similar narrative of the season we've all just enjoyed, but its not.

Its just a playlist of league match highlights. All of which are available on YouTube, or more comprehensive highlights available on Argyle player. Then the cup games are thrown in, separate and out of context to the league. The Anfield leg doesn't even have commentary.

Maybe as a younger fan who's not experienced a promotion season very often (my third) I expected too much. 24 quid isn't cheap, but I just felt the quality of what has been thrown together is :(

I'm sorry, when I said you I meant the royal you! I'm a 50 year old whose first Argyle game was a relegation game against Blackburn so I've witnessed promotion with Warnock, Sturrocknand
Williams* before this and whilst I agree that it's a chronological journey through the season I don't really see how to make that different. Bare in mind that the Wembley promo was just the semi's and final. I felt the interviews were very good throughout. I would say, maybe a full table in for each game might have been good to follow other teams progress (Pompey) but i thought it was a clear representation of the season. It actually did point out the months were we were likely to look back and pinpoint how come we lost the championship.