Pre season | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pre season

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Rich McLean":3nrse6uv said:
Will be mostly indoor work for the first 3-5 days, like bleep tests to measure fitness and the like before they get outside
I agree. Chances are that Marjons will be the venue for the first couple of days. I'm sure the Herald will be on top of it.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Marjons has been the start of pre-season for a couple of years now but you will still see them outside training

Sep 25, 2010
As they reported back yesterday, we normally get pictures of the first day at some time?

Oct 11, 2014
The running end to end is 20 metres and is called a bleep test. Starts at level 1 and onwards to a max of level 20 I think.

The starting speed on a treadmill equivelent is 8kph and speeds up by about .5kph every level. The level changes every 60 seconds and you keep doing shuttles end to end in time with the beeps until you are fatigued and you miss the line 3 times in a row. Your score is the last line you made. I can get to around level of 10, these plays needs to be hitting level 15 or more, which is not easy.

It's a good way to measure fitness levels

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Rich McLean":1yld1ywb said:
The running end to end is 20 metres and is called a bleep test. Starts at level 1 and onwards to a max of level 20 I think.

The starting speed on a treadmill equivelent is 8kph and speeds up by about .5kph every level. The level changes every 60 seconds and you keep doing shuttles end to end in time with the beeps until you are fatigued and you miss the line 3 times in a row. Your score is the last line you made. I can get to around level of 10, these plays needs to be hitting level 15 or more, which is not easy.

I've always thought I'd love to be privy to the results, I know one ex player fairly well and he gave me a few insights into the fitness of the players when he was in the squad, but the nosey bugger in me wants to know it all.

Oct 31, 2015
Rich McLean":244r2izi said:

Bloody hell I used to get heart attacks at level 10. Made level 11 once and it killed me. :)

Oct 11, 2014
viking":2hbwuoz1 said:
they reach levels 20 plus ,, lol

No they don't. Top athletes get to around level 17 or 18 at a push. The highest level is 23.

A yo-yo test would indeed be over 20, which is similar, but you start running at a faster pace (higher level) and there are different variations in speed so level 20 plus is achievable. So you run faster but not for as long to get to a higher level that you would in the bleep test.