Pre-Season Fixtures. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pre-Season Fixtures.

Nov 16, 2006
Pre season fixtures are great for the obvious being match time, but it also creates interest amongst the community whenever Argyle are in town.
Cornwall has a massive fan base that travel to Home Park, but few realise that a round trip from Penzance is around 150 miles.
Saltash is around 140 miles round trip, so it's a little disappointing that no friendly matches are being held in the Duchy, bar Saltash.
What happened to the Truro fixture ?
Oh well , I will wait, only 33 days to go.

Aug 24, 2011
GreenArmy1984":xhce4yk3 said:
Barnstaple Town Away

Would really like to know if this will feature any of the first team squad if anyone knows? Argyle not having it on their pre season fixture list doesnt bode well?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Majesticmacc":1nta8268 said:
GreenArmy1984":1nta8268 said:
Barnstaple Town Away

Would really like to know if this will feature any of the first team squad if anyone knows? Argyle not having it on their pre season fixture list doesnt bode well?
I could be wrong, but I think the first team were taken to pretty much every friendly last season. Even if not originally down as a first team friendly.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
If you want to simply watch the Parkway v Argyle game do you have to pay £10 for a ticket that includes all the pre and post match entertainment (fan-fest etc) or can you just go to the game without all the extras. If so, can you just rock up and pay on the day?

Jan 13, 2017
Patrik":1iwt4ttn said:
Lancastergreen":1iwt4ttn said:
As for Buckland Athletic they are my new first team. I started watching them last season and attended the vase game at Bromsgrove, shame about the performance and result but what an atmosphere and nearly 3000 in attendance! Buckland are putting their match details up on their twitter account, you should remember that this club is only a step five club, one above parkway so not everything is run on a professional basis. This is something I will raise with their chairman when I am next at homers.as for parking, there are plenty of spaces as already stated, it is not off a back lane, has a very good and well run club house, the pitch is perfect and looks fit for higher standard football. It would be nice if people kept to facts than assumptions much the same you expect others to do with Argyle.

The walk to the ground looks pretty dodgy from what I've seen on maps mostly down roads without paths. Unless there'sa way there i don't know about.

Why do you seem to be putting people off this fixture. Your info and research is totally inaccurate. Won't be expecting to see a new Argyle kit with "Patrik" on the back at any of the preseason games unless all non league grounds comply to all the health and safety regulations of a league ground!!!
Just going to pop down and measure the width of the footpath and cycle path that was laid approx 2 years ago when the new south devon expressway was built. Oh and tell me the last time a country lane had a 60mph speed limit?

Jan 13, 2017
Just to keep eveeyone up to speed. Buckland Athletic are very proud to be hosting Argyle. The last time they visited was the year Bobby Williamson was preparing for the first year back in the championship . The club, men's and ladies section and ground has seen steady progress up through the pyramid system and this year will be striving for promotion to southern league football. Should be a great occasion for Buckland and a chance for the sizable south devon green army to come along. All this for a £5.00 entrance fee.

May 8, 2011
Argyle have matches scheduled for monday, tuesday and wednesday.
As the game on Tuesday at Tiverton is a testimonial I would expect more first team regulars to play in that one with the other two games featuring more youngsters, although as Adams has a reputation for making the players work hard in training some may feature in all three.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Patrik":2tby549r said:
Greenfrom83":2tby549r said:
Just to keep eveeyone up to speed. Buckland Athletic are very proud to be hosting Argyle. The last time they visited was the year Bobby Williamson was preparing for the first year back in the championship . The club, men's and ladies section and ground has seen steady progress up through the pyramid system and this year will be striving for promotion to southern league football. Should be a great occasion for Buckland and a chance for the sizable south devon green army to come along. All this for a £5.00 entrance fee.

As someone who clearly knows the club well, can you advise suitably the best and easiest way of getting there please?
Like I said
All I got from google maps was the longish walk down the in pathed road.
Should be a 25 minute walk from the station with all roads paved. There is one road where the pavement disappears if you're looking on google, but that's because it goes behind a bush rather than along the road.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
They have pavements in that part of Devon, they also have a real road with lines on them. Look on google maps, you'll see McDonalds on the left, go straight ahead past Sainsbury and you'll go under a bridge, then you'll cone to a small roundabout, go straight over and keep following the road until you see bucklands lovely shining lights beaming. It's the same route to walk and isn't far at all.