Positive thoughts | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Positive thoughts

Sep 28, 2022
Our away support all season has been magnificent I must say. I personally don't go away anymore but my experience over the years of the effort, money and time involved has proven to me the very special people that Plymouth Argyle fans are. We must be unique in our sheer numbers involved, considering our geographical position, for more often than not over the years, absolutely no reward!!. To be honest the "players of the year" award should go to the fans for their magnificent support home and especially away. Hats off!.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
The big challenge for the final 2 games is how we maintain energy and not lost the central midfield battle over the course of a 100 minute game.

We have Randell, Houghton, Devine, Wright and maybe Edwards who can play there. Really only Randell and Houghton are solid CMs. That’s a big challenge. I wonder if someone like Galloway can play that CDM role like a Rice/ Kanye?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
My fear about Saturday is that we find it very hard to stand up to physical aggression, both in hard one to one challenges and an aggressive high-press. (And we have been like this for a few seasons now) Unfortunately, aggression was always part of the Millwall DNA and seems to remain so.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Think this might be a game for Scarr, Phillips and Gibson to play so we can be fine against any physical battles. Also would start both Randell, Houghton and Bundu.

Oct 10, 2018
Our away support all season has been magnificent I must say. I personally don't go away anymore but my experience over the years of the effort, money and time involved has proven to me the very special people that Plymouth Argyle fans are. We must be unique in our sheer numbers involved, considering our geographical position, for more often than not over the years, absolutely no reward!!. To be honest the "players of the year" award should go to the fans for their magnificent support home and especially away. Hats off!.

True that

Mar 13, 2021
Lets not get too despondant, we are still in a very good position with survival well and truly in our hands. This is how i see the seqson panning out (i hope im correct in that we survive):

Argyle fixtures/ predicted results:

Millwall (A) - 0 pts
Hull (H) - 1pts

Finish 49 pts

Huddersfield fixtures/ predicted results:
Bham (H) 3 pts
Ipswich (A) 0pts

Finish 47 pts

Shef wed fixtures/ predicted results:

WBA (H) 1 pts
Sunderland (A) 3 pts

Finish 51 pts

Birmingham fixtures/ predicted results:
Huddersfield (a) 0 pts
Norwich (H) 1 pt

Finish 47 pts

Blackburn fixtures/ predicted results:
Coventry (H) 0 pts
Leicester (A) 0 pts

FInish 49 pts

Therefore with our superior goal difference i think 1 point does it for us. A win on saturday would be massive. If im Argyle manager i would go ultra safe/ pragmatic knowing 1 point or better probably keeps us up!
I was looking at these fixtures and came up with exactly the same results as you, but i have had a fair few wrong this season too. Lets hope we are both right.

Reactions: Greenarmy1234
Feb 11, 2024
We need to win both of our remaining games.
I dont think we do, if you look at the run in for the other teams its impossible for all our rivals to get full points (brum and huds have to play each other) i would snap your hand off npw if you offered me 3 points out of our last 2 games, but as my original post i have a feeling 1 point will be enough

Jul 12, 2016
Beat us easily? They were efficient but that was all. We had 66% possession, 21 shots against their 9, with 6 on target against their 3. Also, their final goal should have been chalked off which even the referee admitted afterwards. They did beat us easily when it came to fouls though.
Just to reiterate what I said about possesion being irrelevant Southampton losing to Leicester 5 - 0 have had 67% possession!

Oct 20, 2022
Have a look at what Leicester have done to a classy Southampton side tonight! We beat them. Get a grip and play some football Argyle.Be professional and play with belief.If we get no points from the last two games we deserve to go down.