Please, not at Argyle (pitch side adverts) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Please, not at Argyle (pitch side adverts)

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
dick.argyle":teq6ol32 said:
They should be turned off during the game.

Why? That's when the cameras are running. It would defeat the object. They're not there to give you something to read at half time, they're there to bring in a huge income.

Aug 3, 2017
Eventually i see this as inevitable. As the prices of the tech come down, the increased ā€˜potentialā€™ revenue increases vs traditional. Eventually itā€™ll be cheaper than repainting a hoarding or putting a new livery on an exisiting one.

For me, itā€™s about getting to understand when weā€™ll make enough money for it to be worthwhile. Presumably not until the Championship so we can wait a few seasons.

Dec 3, 2005
Mark Jenkin":15pafjyw said:
We have had them in the past on the lyndhurst side, watching from the grandstand they got right on my wick, very distracting especially under floodlights where they appeared brighter. Only really used for tv games so hardly likely to affect us for a while.

YES I remember that - they were so bright (from the Grandstand) that the players over on the Lyndhurst side were just silhouettes, you couldn't make anyone out. Supporters in the Grandstand started to make it known that it was a problem and eventually this increased and the ad boards were turned down a bit - this was a slight improvement - but the ad boards were finally turned OFF to big cheers from the Grandstand.