Pilgrims at Wembley match day thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pilgrims at Wembley match day thread

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
pedro91":1uyjgvtr said:
Next season third time lucky!!!!! :thumbup:

I've had it mate. Fed up with paying out literally 000's a season when they turn up like that. Not a stone unturned. We'll do it for the masses. What a load of tosh. Even the GA were crap. It was like a bleddy morgue in there. So so disappointed.

Monster Green":jdvy0wmg said:
pedro91":jdvy0wmg said:
Next season third time lucky!!!!! :thumbup:

I've had it mate. Fed up with paying out literally 000's a season when they turn up like that. Not a stone unturned. We'll do it for the masses. What a load of tosh. Even the GA were crap. It was like a bleddy morgue in there. So so disappointed.

So this but I wonder if that's because the usual vocal lot got split up. I was behind goal like usual at away games but there were none of the usual fans behind me. Cheered myself voiceless and so did many others near me but we were useless. The worst I've seen us play against them in London.

Not sure that I'll bother next season... No excuses this season and in the end we only just beat Sheridan's achievements and he didn't even give a toss.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Very difficult to create a good atmosphere in a ground that size. Often there were more than one song at once.

Just because 35k turned up, doesn't mean 35k will sing. The size of the stadium will make it very difficult unless the majority are in voice. In spells there were, others admittedly were quiet

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
Adam_R":2hlxaxwg said:
Very difficult to create a good atmosphere in a ground that size. Often there were more than one song at once.

Just because 35k turned up, doesn't mean 35k will sing. The size of the stadium will make it very difficult unless the majority are in voice. In spells there were, others admittedly were quiet

This was definitely the problem, it's why the only thing with any regular volume was Argyle, anything longer tended to get lost before it got started as someone else started something elsewhere.

Dec 6, 2011
Terrible feeling. Was amazing to see the sea of green on Wembley Way and in the ground. Proud to be a pilgrim. Dust ourselves off and go again. Have a brilliant summer everyone - my tip - don't follow England as they'll let you down as well!

Feb 2, 2007
Never put your hope in false gods.

Great to have the kids there for comedy catharsis- 1 year old spent most of journey back to SW London chanting Argyle & Wemberley and 4 year old was glad Wimbledon won but would have preferred Accrington Stanley to go up!