Parkway results | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Parkway results

Aug 5, 2016
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I absolutely LOVE IT
Why?
I went to the Cirencester v Parkway game last season, and I overheard two supporters saying whichever of the two sides went up would find the next league too much and would come straight back down.
It seems they weren’t wrong.
If Reuben Reid at 34 is playing at that standard it shows how competitive it is.

Reactions: Lancastergreen

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Parkway down 2-1 at home to Weston... after 60 mins

Truro leading 1-0 at Tiverton with someone called Tyler Harvey with his 8th goal in 6 games so far this season maybe Argyle should take a look at him........

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Full time 1 - 4, another defeat. It's a struggle at the moment.
Brandon Pursall wasn't in the squad.
Reuben Reid scored for Weston super Mare.

Five defeats in a row for Parkway and bottom of the league.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Parkway down 2-1 at home to Weston... after 60 mins

Truro leading 1-0 at Tiverton with someone called Tyler Harvey with his 8th goal in 6 games so far this season maybe Argyle should take a look at him........
I think he had plenty of chances at Argyle didn't he? Probably found his level now which to be fair is a far higher level than 90% of us could ever have aspired to.

Oct 10, 2012
Why?
I went to the Cirencester v Parkway game last season, and I overheard two supporters saying whichever of the two sides went up would find the next league too much and would come straight back down.
It seems they weren’t wrong.
If Reuben Reid at 34 is playing at that standard it shows how competitive it is.
This lot have hindered my lots progress by having a wage bill which is four times as much as ours minimum!!!
Argyle fans are quick to moan at Salford FGR etc for buying leagues but parkway have done the same.

Jun 25, 2021
This lot have hindered my lots progress by having a wage bill which is four times as much as ours minimum!!!
Argyle fans are quick to moan at Salford FGR etc for buying leagues but parkway have done the same.
Please provide bank account evidence to back this claim up otherwise it’s just conjecture and rumour. I’d call it more giving players the chance to play at the highest levels they can within a sustainable football club budget. Average gates account for a lot I’m sure. Surely you wouldn’t deny local lads the chance to test themselves at higher levels? That just stifles individual aspirations. Parkway and Truro offer that platform now and who knows, Tavistock and/or Exmouth might soon offer the same level of football.

Given that, I’ll jump on the same money bandwagon here and state a claim (purely from conjecture) that last season in Southern Div 1 South, Plymouth Parkway had the 4th biggest budget in the league and became league champions. I wouldn’t call that buying the league, more like having a good team mentality which is missing so far this season.

To back that claim up I can cite a case from last season that included a Plymouth Parkway player and a North Devon side where huge sums of money for this level of football were involved and Plymouth Parkway stood by their guns, didn’t rise to the offer and effectively banished the player from their squad. I’d call that good morals or maybe I’m wrong.

It really makes me laugh when I read comments on Twitter especially, from Tavistock fans about Parkway’s slow start. What is it the youngsters say nowadays? “living in heads rent free”. It’s the same on here, almost like it’s the same person.

Oh and by the way (based on conjecture of course), Ruben Reid is earning £1000 a game at Weston Super Mare. I make that £2000 for 180 minutes work over the bank holiday weekend. Not bad

Oct 10, 2012
Stop it mate! You know full well parkway chucked money at Jack Crago and Aaron Bentley to name a few! You can hardly blame Tavistock fans for laughing at your temporary struggle for form.

Parkway by all accounts don’t have the biggest budget in the Premier league however that hasn’t stopped you buying the previous three leagues! Especially when you’ve cost Tavistock twice (a club who operates on a budget and gives youth a chance before clubs like Parkway poach them)

Jun 25, 2021
Stop it mate! You know full well parkway chucked money at Jack Crago and Aaron Bentley to name a few! You can hardly blame Tavistock fans for laughing at your temporary struggle for form.

Parkway by all accounts don’t have the biggest budget in the Premier league however that hasn’t stopped you buying the previous three leagues! Especially when you’ve cost Tavistock twice (a club who operates on a budget and gives youth a chance before clubs like Parkway poach them)
If you get a better job, you earn better money. That’s just simple economics.

The difference between you and I is that I don’t feel the need to poke when Tavistock don’t get a result, I could easily jump on Twitter spouting bull from a nameless account but I don’t. I suppose when things are on a pedestal it allows people to shoot at them and if that’s how you get your kicks then fair enough, it’s just not for me

Last edited:

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Beaten at home by Weston Super Mare 1-4, Ruben Reid on the scoresheet for Weston. Another good crowd of over 500.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
It’s a shame there is no appetite in Cornwall to see TCFC progress. Their gates are shocking. Falmouth will always be the best supported team in Cornwall. Truro would be better off just merging with Parkway, not that it would ever happen.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Parkway had a 6-0 win against bottom team Hendon. Now out of the relegation spots.
It helped their cause when the Hendon goalkeeper was shown a red card early in the game.

Reactions: Woldsman

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Parkway got a 3-1 win over Hayes & Yeading. Slowly creeping away from the danger zone.

Truro won again to stay unbeaten and top of the league.

In the next league down (Southern League Div 1 south) Tavi suffered a surprising home loss 1-2.