Oscar Threlkeld (update - back in training) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oscar Threlkeld (update - back in training)

C

Colin_Harris

IJN":3lual18r said:
He's suggesting that the severity of the injury has caught everyone by surprise.

Why see shadows when there are none Sam?

Must be the dark clouds you live under. :greensmile:

If Sam lives under dark clouds there would be no shadows!!

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Solicik can play right back I've heard think he is unlucky to lose his place anyway from back end of last season so should be ok cover wise
Makes you wonder where Adams gets them from though I'm sure he said he felt Oscar would be back for Chelsea

Oct 14, 2015
Old Gunner":2tnf7xtm said:
samjones":2tnf7xtm said:
PL2 3DQ":2tnf7xtm said:
His versatility and energy will be missed, it's another blow from a bad night in Bristol.

Adams' comments on Threlkeld's injury have been forthright, as though he didn't think it was a bad injury.
Before the Charlton game he said he would be 'disappointed' if Threlkeld didn't make it and before the game against the Chelsea children he said he would be 'hugely disappointed' if Threlkeld wasn't fit by then.

What are you suggesting ? That Oscar is feigning injury or he is off to another club ????

I'm struggling to see how you have come to that conclusion. DA called it wrong--you can't feign a hairline fracture.

Nice one Paul.... :funny: :funny: took the words out of my mouth...

Mar 21, 2008
Positively Green":1tzt531o said:
More likely he has a high pain threshold and when it wasn't getting better he thought he ought to get an x-ray?

Exactly it's not an obvious injury and can even be difficult to pick up on x-ray they probably just wanted to wait to see how he progressed and then thought it best to investigate further when it wasn't improving. 5/6 games is 3-4 weeks timescale, which may even be a tad ambitious to recover from what is essentially a broken ankle and he will have recovered very quickly if we see him again that soon imo

Apr 9, 2011
We really don't get much luck with injuries, they nearly always seem to be long term , I. e. two players out with breaks already! wish him well but this is the risk you take in these midweek competitions

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Colin_Harris":f3t6b3a5 said:
IJN":f3t6b3a5 said:
He's suggesting that the severity of the injury has caught everyone by surprise.

Why see shadows when there are none Sam?

Must be the dark clouds you live under. :greensmile:

If Sam lives under dark clouds there would be no shadows!!

Even in Sam's life there must be some light. Like when someone falls over or a bird flying into a patio window..........

Jun 2, 2016
Cobi Budge":6z585pgu said:
While probably not being at the level to start regularly in League 1, Gary Miller is nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

What he lacks in pace, he makes up for with canny positioning and experience. Has come close a couple of times to scoring important goals. Deserves more support from the fans.

It is possible to ignore a break. I broke my arm when I was about 14, assumed I'd just sprained my wrist and played a couple of games of football and rugby, only going to hospital a fortnight after I'd done it. I know a leg's different as you need it for support, but it is feasible to think something's not as bad as it is.

M

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Martin_Brock":2kr6qyl2 said:
It is possible to ignore a break. I broke my arm when I was about 14, assumed I'd just sprained my wrist and played a couple of games of football and rugby, only going to hospital a fortnight after I'd done it. I know a leg's different as you need it for support, but it is feasible to think something's not as bad as it is.

M
Agreed. Oscar said himself on Saturday that it was a dead leg and some muscle damage. Just turned out to be more severe than that after further investigation.

Nov 16, 2006
Pilgrim28":1tn2w1ec said:
Ruled out for 5/6 games with a hairline fracture to his fibula.
This was posted in August, we have now played 11 games. Is there any further news when he will be back ?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Threlkeld has been back in training this week and if there's no reaction to his injury he will play in the reserve game against MK Dons next week.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Great news. Having said that he shouldn’t be seen as the white knight to save us. He will take time to get back to full fitness and form ……….. and although one of our best players he isn’t a world beater. Be great to have him back though as such a versatile player will give DA more options to tinker with formations and tactics.