Olly Lee | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Olly Lee

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
I'm guessing 90 minutes of wandering around doing diddly squat in the game apart from popping up with a goal?

He's a strange player.

Jun 8, 2014
Wonder if he scored a consolation goal for them too?

He was probably below average League 2 level at the moment so no idea how he's managed to fraud himself into a League 1 club.

Have just checked - seems he scored one in their 8-0 win over some local side. A tap-in, however.

C

Cobi Budge.

As Paven says, a below average league 2 player, but rated by many Argyle fans for the simple reason that "he gets in the box".

Quite weak, quite slow, terrible positioning, a decent shot on him but that's about it.

I'll be very surprised if they decide to take him on.

Jun 18, 2015
He's poo up there with the likes of Blackman, Soukouna, Walton and Sutherland as one of the worst players to put on an Argyle shirt. I like to be complimentary as I can with players but if im being honest when I watched him play this might sound harsh but I thought how is he even a footballer surely he should just give up and earn a living doing something else thats how bad I thought he was. Slow, poor positioning, cant pass, cant tackle, cant run with the ball, apart from a half decent shot hes just an awful footballer.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Paven":3kjnok7h said:
Argyle fans in discussing ex-player on Argyle forum shocker..

It's the nastiness though, the bloke was on loan to us for a few months, caused nobody any offence, just got his head down and did his job. He wasn't the best midfielder we'll see grace the Home Park crowd but he is by no means the worst, he wasn't even the worst last season.

He's moving on with his career, it speaks volumes that months on people are still trying to persuade others that he was as bad as some think he was. Get over him, seriously :facepalm:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Ollieargyle9":11c1432r said:
Paven":11c1432r said:
Argyle fans in discussing ex-player on Argyle forum shocker..

It's the nastiness though, the bloke was on loan to us for a few months, caused nobody any offence, just got his head down and did his job. He wasn't the best midfielder we'll see grace the Home Park crowd but he is by no means the worst, he wasn't even the worst last season.

He's moving on with his career, it speaks volumes that months on people are still trying to persuade others that he was as bad as some think he was. Get over him, seriously :facepalm:

I couldn't agree more. Let's move on.

Jun 8, 2014
'Nastiness' is quite a bit over the top. Someone created a thread about an ex-player and I thought I'd give my opinion of him (as did a few others). Unless I've not quite grasped the concept of a forum I'm pretty sure that's not a big deal? By this logic we may as well have locked threads on Argyle Old Boys as what's the point if they aren't here anymore?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Paven":vfi3wzsi said:
'Nastiness' is quite a bit over the top. Someone created a thread about an ex-player and I thought I'd give my opinion of him (as did a few others). Unless I've not quite grasped the concept of a forum I'm pretty sure that's not a big deal? By this logic we may as well have locked threads on Argyle Old Boys as what's the point if they aren't here anymore?

Where on earth did you get locked threads from, what a strange comment.

We're all capable of discussing an ex-player without resorting to taking the mick out of someone who did nothing but play for our club for a few months. Some people rated him others didn't, there's really no need to list all the reasons why he wasn't the best player we've had, we all made our minds up on him before he left. Now that he's gone it just comes across as a tad cold.

Posts like Cobi's that dismiss everyone else's opinion by suggesting that people only rated him for getting in the box also don't help matters, if you're looking for something that doesn't fit the spirit of a forum then look no further than that post not mine, I certainly haven't dismissed anyone's views in such a way. We all hold different opinions and slating Olly Lee isn't something I agree with, first of all it's a bit unnecessary seeing as though he's left, I also happen to feel he was better than this thread gives him credit for, which for me are two perfectly acceptable opinions to hold, they do nobody any harm yet here I am being told the concept of forums is being placed into doubt by them, amazing stuff.

Ollieargyle9":3d3cpcew said:
The bloke has moved clubs what is the matter with you people? :facepalm:

Surely discussing him, no matter people's opinions of him, is the point of the 'Argyle Old Boys' forum?

He seemed like one of few mids for us who wanted to look up and head to goal, apart from BReid. Wish he could've scored more than consolations, but he did all right, good luck to him, hope he manages to contribute bit more than he could here.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
dayriderBusking":2n9wtxti said:
Surely discussing him, no matter people's opinions of him, is the point of the 'Argyle Old Boys' forum?

Maybe so, but what's being written says more about those making the comments than Olly Lee himself.

Quinny":28g1ddod said:
dayriderBusking":28g1ddod said:

Maybe so, but what's being written says more about those making the comments than Olly Lee himself.

Maybe so, but it still people's relevant opinions, and fits both the forum and the topic, regardless of the positivity or negativity within them.