Official twitter account / Argyle comms (merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Official twitter account / Argyle comms (merged)

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Only 1 Argyle Twitter account is Brilliant - Gives us everything Pafc updates we need

Looking forward today with New Away Kit Launch

1st Day of Pre season training and hopefully some more incomings

Jul 29, 2010
Presto":3oxkza25 said:
I do not do Faceprat or twitter. Both are mechanisms for gathering data about people their interests etcetc.

However if it amuses some so be it. For those who do use the former in particular be aware of the vast store of data that can be held about you and it is not 100% secure from hackers or being sold to interested parties.
That's another good reason to avoid it.

But hey, each to their own, much like a good hotel or swimming pool it's good to have a creche or kiddies area available so the grown-up's can get on with being grown-up's while the kids run riot somewhere out of sight. The OP just needs to choose where he wants to put his sun lounger, if you don't like inanity, don't sit with the inane.

Feb 5, 2015
Ollieargyle9":3gline8m said:
Can't see anything wrong with it myself, in fact it makes perfect sense in terms of generating interest and "clicks" on the OS.

If a signing was announced straight away a few people would read the article, tell their friends or tell Pasoti and most of us wouldn't then bother checking the OS, the news will have broken and we'd be reading other fans views on here or on Twitter.

Build it up and make a huge deal out of it before-hand and people can't give a name to their friends, they can only tell people that something is coming. Suddenly your audience has grown tenfold before you've even made an announcement. As soon as the OS hit go everyone floods the site wanting to be the first to know. At the same time Argyle have kept their customers minds on the club for an extended period. Rather than a quick burst of enthusiasm at the announcement Argyle have held fans' attention for 30 minutes all the while fans have been speculating and therefore spreading the Argyle word.

I don't see it as a problem, I don't see it as the club taking the mick. It's a marketing ploy to keep people interested over the quiet summer season.

Agree with all the above, and they have a cracking sense of humour.

There are so many bland, stale, and quite frankly @#*$ football club twitter accounts. Ours stands out and long may it continue

Apr 13, 2017
Pezbuck":1mvxu780 said:
The official Argyle twitter account is taking the proverbial and unprofessional. I prefer to get the news and facts straight up rather than have to play stupid guessing games or read between the lines. The ridiculous photo clues for the goalkeeper signing yesterday a case in point. Noone anywhere is going to be able to get a second division Dutch goalkeeper from four random obscure pictures. And the teasing tweets over Carey - a saga that worries many fans I presume - are infuriating.

I would rather a twitter account that was informative, quick with the facts, gets behind the scenes a little, and makes me feel closer and in touch with the club. Why no tweets about Adams' whereabouts for example?

As we step up the leagues, the club needs a far more professional communications set-up. Not one relying on low grade schoolboy humour that serves the whims and fancies of the communications person ahead of the information needs and concerns of fans.

Are you a journalist? Have you ever worked in the media? Just wondering what qualifies you to brand something as 'unprofessional?'

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
GreenObserver":386nd7da said:
Pezbuck":386nd7da said:
The official Argyle twitter account is taking the proverbial and unprofessional. I prefer to get the news and facts straight up rather than have to play stupid guessing games or read between the lines. The ridiculous photo clues for the goalkeeper signing yesterday a case in point. Noone anywhere is going to be able to get a second division Dutch goalkeeper from four random obscure pictures. And the teasing tweets over Carey - a saga that worries many fans I presume - are infuriating.

I would rather a twitter account that was informative, quick with the facts, gets behind the scenes a little, and makes me feel closer and in touch with the club. Why no tweets about Adams' whereabouts for example?

As we step up the leagues, the club needs a far more professional communications set-up. Not one relying on low grade schoolboy humour that serves the whims and fancies of the communications person ahead of the information needs and concerns of fans.

Are you a journalist? Have you ever worked in the media? Just wondering what qualifies you to brand something as 'unprofessional?'

Ffs he's allowed to have an opinion.

Are any of us football managers, professional football players or board members of a football
Club?

Apr 13, 2017
Tugboat":1gk23udp said:
GreenObserver":1gk23udp said:
Pezbuck":1gk23udp said:

Ffs he's allowed to have an opinion.

Are any of us football managers, professional football players or board members of a football
Club?

I was hoping he'd say yes because calling another professional unprofessional is the most unprofessional thing going.

Coming from that background myself, nothing is more demotivating than somebody with zero idea about you do and why you do it having an unopposed pop at you online.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Pootle's Pom Pom":4k58dts4 said:
Pezbuck":4k58dts4 said:
Why no tweets about Adams' whereabouts for example?

Because it is none of our business. Pre-season begins today. As long as DA turns up I don't give a monkeys where he's been. Why can't the guy be allowed to take a well earned break?

And why are we only concerned about Adam's? They haven't tweeted the whereabouts of Jervis or Bradley either - have they gone missing or slunk off to another club?

Agree. The man is having a well earned break from this poo! He's clearly working behind the scenes. Is he stalking him?! :crazy:

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
Picked up this from the Jake Jervis topic re why Jake re-signing was given almost nil publicity...Thoughts,...do we have a comms issue?

'Because our club has an absolute bellend in charge of communication and social media. Who thinks he wields his power like an axe.'

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
No, we have a fans think they should know everything issue. Let it go.

May 8, 2011
On some occasions there is a complete lack of information.
An example is the friendly against Barnstaple on Monday, to date there has been zero information about it from Argyle, it isn't even listed on their website page showing the pre season fixtures.

Jan 3, 2013
Imho they sit in their ivory towersand have no idea how to connect with the fanbase.......to quote Stapleton in the old far post club "we have to give the st holders nothing, they will always come"

Same attitude imho with the Argo media department

May 8, 2011
GreenArmy1984":47bco866 said:
Disagree with you Frank !

Argyle Twitter page is great and the comms team do a great job

Well Done Argyle :scarf:

So at 12:45pm still no information on the Official site about the game at Barnstaple?

Aug 24, 2011
HC Green":1cvxy1dd said:
GreenArmy1984":1cvxy1dd said:
Disagree with you Frank !

Argyle Twitter page is great and the comms team do a great job

Well Done Argyle :scarf:

So at 12:45pm still no information on the Official site about the game at Barnstaple?

They never even announced the friendly or put it in their fixture list, so it was always a youth game going under the radar. I do however still think they should be some info.