Objections to planning App | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Objections to planning App

May 8, 2011
You are incorrect, as Argyle will receive 50% of the windfall profit from the development of HHP.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
True, but JB and Simon Hallett both stated at the last fanfest that the profit wouldn't be much.

It's the profits from the actual development we're talking about, not the profits the restaurants and hotel makes.

May 8, 2011
Biggs":3caw3r3c said:
True, but JB and Simon Hallett both stated at the last fanfest that the profit wouldn't be much.

It's the profits from the actual development we're talking about, not the profits the restaurants and hotel makes.

Well when the land is revalued after the development it will be considerably more than the current value of £425,000.

Obviously not as much as the original scheme as that would have provided funding to pay for a new grandstand.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's worth someone without an agenda either way and with spare time to list the factual negatives and positives of the whole development to help people form an opinion.

Some parts of the development will affect Argyle fans while others will affect people living in Plymouth.

PL2 3DQ":1l6ylzj2 said:
It's worth someone without an agenda either way and with spare time to list the factual negatives and positives of the whole development to help people form an opinion.

Some parts of the development will affect Argyle fans while others will affect people living in Plymouth.
I have some spare time but i have made my mind up so a bit biased now i guess.
Negatives is argyle lose half a car park.
Benefits is argyle have a refurbed enlarged stand including the conferencing facilities for the regular income stream
we need.
Hotel creates jobs and benefits argyle because of close location for our conferencing. Visitor spend benefit for the city.
Ice rink creates jobs and benefits the people of plymouth as well as attracting visitors to the hotel and city.
The gym creates jobs and benefits the people of plymouth. Maybe argyle too.
The office space benefits in creating jobs for the city.
The food outlets create jobs and benefits citizens and visitors alike.
Along with life centre activities and even the pitch and putt just down the road there would be lots of things
happening close by to attract people/companies to use our conferencing facilities. So another benefit to argyle.
Some people are always banging on about plymouth being a backward looking city so here is an opportunity to be
forward thinking for a change and revitalise a run down part of central park.
All for half a car park, and for some i guess a businessman making a profit on his investment.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think I've given up the will to live.

Whatever happens will happen.

Still Argyle are playing tonight.

Oct 20, 2015
Derriford
The traffic generation and parking issues related to the proposed offices are really secondary matters. The starting point in determining any planning application is planning policy. As I said in my last post there is no policy support for commercial offices in central park. It is an area for sport and leisure and ancillary uses.

The offices do not belong here. Ditch them and let the application be approved without delay so the grandstand can go ahead using Mr Hallett's loan. If there is any significant delay the costs will rise and the loan may not be enough.

May 16, 2016
Re. The loan from Simon Hallett. Has the repayment process actually started ? I get the impression people think we have. I know I wouldn't start repaying anything until the Capitol is required. Like him or loathe him, I'm sure Mr Brent ain't that dumb.

There may have been a release of funds to help the planning process, I'm sure Mr Hallett wouldn't insist on an all or nothing approach.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
HC Green":25nppl0r said:
Biggs":25nppl0r said:

Well when the land is revalued after the development it will be considerably more than the current value of £425,000.

Obviously not as much as the original scheme as that would have provided funding to pay for a new grandstand.

Any increased valuation will be determined by the quality of the tenants and the respective covenants within the leases. Are there operators queuing up to want to trade from this area of Milehouse, especially on non-match days? I would not want to rely upon too much upon supposition, but perhaps JB has companies/businesses lined up. Who knows?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Guiri Green":3rm50u1x said:
Re. The loan from Simon Hallett. Has the repayment process actually started ? I get the impression people think we have. I know I wouldn't start repaying anything until the Capitol is required. Like him or loathe him, I'm sure Mr Brent ain't that dumb.

There may have been a release of funds to help the planning process, I'm sure Mr Hallett wouldn't insist on an all or nothing approach.

The planning process is being covered by Akkeron I believe.

E

Electronic

The Lyndhurst Sage":d3vkxg62 said:
The traffic generation and parking issues related to the proposed offices are really secondary matters. The starting point in determining any planning application is planning policy. As I said in my last post there is no policy support for commercial offices in central park. It is an area for sport and leisure and ancillary uses.

The offices do not belong here. Ditch them and let the application be approved without delay so the grandstand can go ahead using Mr Hallett's loan. If there is any significant delay the costs will rise and the loan may not be enough.

The crux of the matter for all PAFC fans, irrespective of how far or little they support the overall plans. Removing the contentious portions of the application surely makes the process closest to those saying 'just get it built'.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Or it might just mean FFS 'why do people keep on trying to stop it'.

Just a thought.

Jan 27, 2012
IJN":3r4gd621 said:
People of Plymouth have to decide what we want (City wide that is) a nice sleepy village or a vibrant economy.

It comes down to that really doesn't it?

No, not really.

The hotel, retail and office developments don't need to be in this location. There are more appropriate locations for those forms of development such as urban centres and employment parks. The proposed buildings would form the setting to Central Park which I happen to value. I don't want to see it urbanised and covered in big bulky buildings. You don't see this happening in the London parks and that place isn't a sleepy village.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You never read posts do you?

I wasn't talking about the Home Park development I was talking generally about our City.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Electronic":z4sft140 said:
IJN":z4sft140 said:
Nothing to do with what I think of the development but what the Highways people are says is 'Employment brings with it traffic jams'.

I used to travel to most Cities in the UK and I must admit we don't know what traffic is in Plymouth.

People of Plymouth have to decide what we want (City wide that is) a nice sleepy village or a vibrant economy.

It comes down to that really doesn't it?

That hardly depends on the inclusion of offices around Home Park. There is plenty of space in the city which could be reinvigorated.

Ditto.