New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand - 2 day public consultation

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
metroace":zahbhps2 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":zahbhps2 said:
The intention to build a gym right next door in competition to the Life Centre. The intention to build a cafe when he knows the FOCP are building one in the park. Morally, why would you do that?

For the players to train in and to save the cost of corporate membership at the Life Centre. Also so that the players can do their gym training in peace without the possibility of being disturbed by fans when they are meant to be working (training). As for the cafe, why not? The FOCP have hardly been supporters of PAFC over the years as far as I can see looking back over the years of postings on this forum.

When has there been a proposal to build a gym for exclusive use by PAFC players? I must have missed that part of the development.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The video is on the club Facebook page.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2ejypx0r said:
A really good Fans Forum that one. Must have been around 100 there and some challenging questions asked and answered.

I noticed that JB's stammer gets more pronounced the more challenging the question. No stammer though when he condemned the internet angry place.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
SwimWithTheTide":17i9m4qt said:
metroace":17i9m4qt said:
The Grumpy Loyal":17i9m4qt said:
The intention to build a gym right next door in competition to the Life Centre. The intention to build a cafe when he knows the FOCP are building one in the park. Morally, why would you do that?

For the players to train in and to save the cost of corporate membership at the Life Centre. Also so that the players can do their gym training in peace without the possibility of being disturbed by fans when they are meant to be working (training). As for the cafe, why not? The FOCP have hardly been supporters of PAFC over the years as far as I can see looking back over the years of postings on this forum.

When has there been a proposal to build a gym for exclusive use by PAFC players? I must have missed that part of the development.

It doesn't say anywhere that it is a gym for commercial purposes. Just that it is a gym.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Twas a really good event. The plans are indeed impressive. A few interesting things I picked up (apologies to those that knew this already) :
1. The new dressing rooms are being built in stage 1,with the chisholm lounge being demolished. When stage 2 happens, the corner will be filled in on top.
2. The roof of the grandstand will extend towards the barn park end over the current open balcony /staircase

During the Q&A JB was asked why the roof doesnt extend to cover the lower seats. He said this was because it probably needed to be cantilevered. However if it is found that they can do it, they will so it isn't ruled out. Failing that, it will happen as part of stage 2.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
metroace":1ahyw2w4 said:
SwimWithTheTide":1ahyw2w4 said:
metroace":1ahyw2w4 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1ahyw2w4 said:

It doesn't say anywhere that it is a gym for commercial purposes. Just that it is a gym.

It's part of the commercial development, above 3 restaurants and below 2 floors of offices (not for the club either). Not a criticism, but I think you're not being accurate in saying it's for the club.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
monkeywrench":23bbha20 said:
Twas a really good event. The plans are indeed impressive. A few interesting things I picked up (apologies to those that knew this already) :
1. The new dressing rooms are being built in stage 1,with the chisholm lounge being demolished. When stage 2 happens, the corner will be filled in on top.
2. The roof of the grandstand will extend towards the barn park end over the current open balcony /staircase

During the Q&A JB was asked why the roof doesnt extend to cover the lower seats. He said this was because it probably needed to be cantilevered. However if it is found that they can do it, they will so it isn't ruled out. Failing that, it will happen as part of stage 2.

Thank you for that. I missed the broadcast of the Q&A, is anyone able to explain what direct benefit to the club the newly released commercial development plans have, if any? I saw Postey suggest some good indirect benefits of having such a complex in close proximity, but just interested to know if the club benefit in anyway from this project?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
SwimWithTheTide":3vsqmdi4 said:
monkeywrench":3vsqmdi4 said:

Thank you for that. I missed the broadcast of the Q&A, is anyone able to explain what direct benefit to the club the newly released commercial development plans have, if any? I saw Postey suggest some good indirect benefits of having such a complex in close proximity, but just interested to know if the club benefit in anyway from this project?

I think there is some sort of profit sharing but others will have to add more detail onto that.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
X Isle":2jv50w2u said:
justanotherfan":2jv50w2u said:
Surely this "relationship" affords IJN an important insight into the character and motives of JB. If you are to be believed then IJN, whose love of Argyle and all things green (except maybe the shirt colour), is gullible and naïve to a frightening degree, no way. From where we were to where we are is a journey that has been enabled by JB and deserves our gratitude. Finally I have to say that I am not known to JB nor him to me.
Either frighteningly gullible or part of a wider conspiracy to deceive us all.

Neither stack up for me and never have. I am a firm believer in taking people as I find them, not looking at the colour they are painted by others. Ian strikes me as a belligerent old git (in a good way) but neither a fool nor a 'Lord Haw Haw'. JB doesn't exactly fit the profile of a working man's hero, I can see how cynical types would saddle him with their stereotypical prejudices but he was exactly what we needed at that nadir in our history.

Some would call it miserly, others like me would call it prudent. But his stewardship of our finances to bring us back to self sufficiency and his shrewd judge of character in managerial appointments has been spot on meaning year on year we have turned a deficit to a profit and improved our league position every year. Not fast enough for the 'now now NOW' set but fast enough for us longer term pragmatic realists.

I championed his involvement during administration (the alternatives though were truly frightening) and I have seen nothing since to believe we are in anything but good hands. If he makes some money for himself ultimately in the process by the time he has finished then who are we to criticise, that is after all what businessmen do. So long as Argyle are not harmed in the process, crack on. This proposal distances our bit from his bit much more than the initial plans, which will give us room to breathe once he has moved on.

We should always hold owners to account, and TGL and his mindset are at Olympic levels of cynicism and suspicion. I don't bury my head to it indeed I actively seek it out to take the broadest pulse of the Argyle fan base. But I from my own opinions, from all the available perspectives. As stated above JB's track record has been positive, and until/unless that changes he retains my support.

And like you JAF I have no connection to JB whatsoever.

Exactly, Argyle first, last and always and I believe we have nothing to fear from JBs stewardship. Prudency not profligacy.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
If anyone is going to view the Facebook stream, I'd ignore the comments section for your own sanity. Some seriously idiotic people posting on there.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Monster Green":2bjtf1qq said:
Any way we can get the Facebook stream on YouTube for those who are not on Facebook?

I'm not on Facebook either and I could watch it, should be able to find the page by searching "Facebook Plymouth Argyle" and clicking the video section.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Biggs":1ymbm9mg said:
Monster Green":1ymbm9mg said:
Any way we can get the Facebook stream on YouTube for those who are not on Facebook?

I'm not on Facebook either and I could watch it, should be able to find the page by searching "Facebook Plymouth Argyle" and clicking the video section.

I just watched it and I am not on Facebook, just clicked on it and it played.