New AFT Officers post AGM | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New AFT Officers post AGM

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
argyledad":x06cf6mq said:
My apologies Memory Man, but I have received no p ms from you since September 2016. The first item to be donated to any museum will be Michael Foot's original Argyle scarf which is currently owned by the AFT
Public apology required - I somehow sent the pm to myself so my fault entirely that you were unable to respond! But the disappointment about the 07 Jan post remains! It is good to see the Michael Foot scarf piece but as I said in that post there are some major collectors who have amazing collections and are supportive of a museum. Also, I know of several supporters, including me, who would put in shifts to help bring that history to life.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Apparently someone has said he boasted he was banned from Pasoti.

I've no idea as I've never heard of him on here, but for the sake of harmony I'd suggest IF that is true, we'd overlook any previous 'history' with this site.

All I would say though is that band aren't handed out for nothing and our rules are simple and few.

However the name Tony Cannan is not known to the Site Admin team or me so it's either some form of bluster OR he has been misquoted.

Whatever the case he will be welcomed onto this site as the Chairman of the AFT.

If he doesn't want to re-join that is also his prerogative.

IJN":119bg3va said:
Apparently someone has said he boasted he was banned from Pasoti.

I've no idea as I've never heard of him on here, but for the sake of harmony I'd suggest IF that is true, we'd overlook any previous 'history' with this site.

All I would say though is that band aren't handed out for nothing and our rules are simple and few.

However the name Tony Cannan is not known to the Site Admin team or me so it's either some form of bluster OR he has been misquoted.

Whatever the case he will be welcomed onto this site as the Chairman of the AFT.

If he doesn't want to re-join that is also his prerogative.

Don't know who your source Is but as Tony Cannan's brother and I've been going Argyle with him my whole life and can confirm he hasn't or wouldn't of boasted if he ever was banned.

Note: I don't know if he ever was banned in the past but if so it would of been many moons ago.

Also my reply is simply a reply to the question not a "defend my brother" action, I'm replying as I probably know him better than most and more a response to his character,

He's a decent bloke and a real fan with Argyle in his heart and green blood like many of us.

If anyone gets to meet him around one thing they won't be able to doubt is his passion for OUR club,

I don't always agree with him on many football related topics but I wouldn't doubt his Love for the club so without knowing about the AFT myself I'm sure it will be a good appointment for them.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Good to hear that, as I say it was hearsay but from someone I trust.

Hope Tony joins up and keeps us informed of what goes on with the AFT.

:thumbs:

Believe he has now, I'm not a serial poster but I think its essential he reaches out on all platforms of communication to reach as many supporters as possible and to engage with as many as possible.

I've no idea how many people log in or even view this forum but i'd imagine its probably the biggest so would be silly to not be involved.

B

BallboyEGS1958

Tony’s done the right thing, register with the media sites and I think with the right background support he will turn the AFT into a properly and well run Trust.
He however needs the support and input from “ALL” AFT members if it going to grow and do the job it was set up for.