Moments of the season | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Moments of the season

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Personally, I think Bundu's goal versus Leicester is the stand out candidate. Not only for the skill demonstrated in its execution, but the timing of his limited goal contribution for the club,, in a highly significant game as far as the fight against relegation is concerned. Other goals have their merit but they were not at this intense, bum squeaking, period of the season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If we are talking moments then 10.50pm on Easter Monday would be the best moment for me.

For goals it's Bundu's against Leicester, not only was the goal so good but it also felt like a huge collective relief that we've moved on from the Foster era.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Moose on the loose
His 1st start after periods of being a sub
The shackles had been removed by our Argyle Stalwarts in Nance & Neil
Watching the game last Friday night we were under the cosh for virtually the 1st 20 minutes then Morgs to Adam Forshaw to Moose

One moment taken with coolness personified - the Leicester players just stood their totally stunned

5 home games with no goals to show for it & we were awakened from our slumber with a magic moment from Moose

That one game shows belief,togetherness & the players have confidence in spades
They probably can't wait for the next game

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Randell vs Stoke will take some beating.

Because the last minute drama of it.

What it meant for Randell and the wider context of him being one of our own.

What it meant for our old manager and his career and how that then affected us.

No other goal will have all of that in the melting pot - as a season defining moment it'll take some beating.

Reactions: StrictlyGreen

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Azaz v Watford for me. Not just the goal of the season, but one which will stay in our minds for a long time to come, I think! A perfect demonstration of pure class.

Timeout

Jade Berrow 23/24
Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
Not necessarily the best goals but certainly I have 2 moments which stand out slightly more than others....

1. Clearing our minds of everything that has gone after, back to the first game of the season. The excitement of being back in the championship knowing we are just there to enjoy it and give it a go. Coming off the euphoria of the summer that went before. After our 1st million pound man scores up steps our 2nd million pound man, scores a beauty of a goal, secures the win and finishes it off with a touching moment celebrating with a young fan before the team bundle into him. A great moment.

2. I find myself watching the Stoke game in the living room earphones in watching on the tablet, family sat watching the TV. Despite how the match is panning out the living room is filled with silence for 2 hours. And then up steps Adam Randell. A moment none of us will forget. I let out a massive cry in celebration, the family in unison scream out in shock and the cats fly out the room terrified.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Moose on the loose
His 1st start after periods of being a sub
The shackles had been removed by our Argyle Stalwarts in Nance & Neil
Watching the game last Friday night we were under the cosh for virtually the 1st 20 minutes then Morgs to Adam Forshaw to Moose

One moment taken with coolness personified - the Leicester players just stood their totally stunned

5 home games with no goals to show for it & we were awakened from our slumber with a magic moment from Moose

That one game shows belief,togetherness & the players have confidence in spades
They probably can't wait for the next game
And Argyle went on to preserve that one special goal with a great defensive display.

Mar 18, 2024
Falmouth
Goals..
Azaz v Watford. The perfect end.
Moose all three. Cantona like.

Moments..
Moose stuns Leicester and takes the roof off HP.

Neil leaves the dugout walks up to the Foz and whispers words of wisdom in his ear (maybe change to a four atb?). Zero response from Foz. A frustrated Neil shuffles back, his arms reaching to the gods for devine intervention.

The Green Army away.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
5/8/23 Huddersfield at home, because we are playing in the Championship. Mumbas goal celebration in that match because he celebrated and hugged my mates Nephew.

The goal celebration at Rotherham because players celebrated together to show unity.

The players and staff celebrating after the Leicester home game.

And the end of TunnelCam for the Leicester home game

Dec 30, 2020
Well we are nearly there and Argyle's Instagram account used the caption "Is this your favourite Argyle goal of the season?" on a video of Bundu's goal vs Leicester.

Got me thinking, what was my favourite goal of the season?

Were they favourite because they were a strike of real quality, Azaz v Watford, Whittaker v Sunderland, Mumba v Huddersfield

Or favourite because of their importance, Bundu v Leicester or Whittaker v Swansea or Mumba v Rotherham

Or favourite because of the feeling it generated Randell v Stoke or Whittaker v Rotherham.

If i had to sum up all three of those categories into 1 list of my 3 favourite Argyle goals of the season i'd go with...

1. Randell vs Stoke - just for the pure and utter joy it brought.
2. Azaz vs Watford - immense and effortless quality from a player in top form.
3. Mumba vs Huddersfield - felt like such a marker on our return to championship - we're here and we'll hurt you!

I can't even remember which one of the six it was (Azaz or Whittaker) but the fourth v Norwich and going to the bar at half time... You could see everyone laughing and having the same kind of "what have I just seen?' conversation. Argyle absolutely destroying an opponent with probably a £50m wage bill and a combined transfer value north of £100m

Dec 30, 2020
The moment we haven't had is a winning goal in front of a packed away end. Hopefully incoming this Saturday!

Jun 27, 2019
This thread seems premature (yes, I get that I could have ignored it). Hopefully the best moment of our season is still to come - and it'll surely be the goal that secures our safety, even if it isn't us scoring it!

Reactions: David Doidge