Lower Mayflower seat "evictions" | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lower Mayflower seat "evictions"

Apr 1, 2017
Think it’s probably the slope of the stand, spacing of seating that gives the illusion. Just feels a better viewing experience (when it doesn’t rain)
Ok thanks..... haven't been on the lower Mayflower since I stood there in the eighties as a kid.
Didn't seem to rain much back in those days either 🤣

Reactions: Green 1886

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Ok thanks..... haven't been on the lower Mayflower since I stood there in the eighties as a kid.
Didn't seem to rain much back in those days either 🤣
Having sat in the Lyndhurst previously the lower mayflower is very comfortable compared to it.

Jul 9, 2011
I wonder if some will use this opportunity as a way to jump the season ticket waiting list, I guess the 1800£ includes a padded seat season ticket and at the end of the 24/25 season you move your seat to the much cheaper option 5 blocks down in the lower Mayflower paying 400£ or whatever it will be then for a season ticket.

RB00194

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 8, 2024
Disgraceful. Club has become nothing but greedy and uncaring since promotion. Hopefully people won't forget when we are relegated next season.

• Wow
Reactions: Stevie Wotsa

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Disgraceful. Club has become nothing but greedy and uncaring since promotion. Hopefully people won't forget when we are relegated next season.
I wouldn’t go that far if I’m honest although i am affected by this. I do understand that they need to make money while the sun shines.

That said, if there are only 78 seats (I think Ian said earlier) there will easily be 78 seats available in the Mayflower or Grandstand that offer great views without displacing loyal fans that have paid £1000’s over the last few years when others wouldn’t.

Reactions: RB00194

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
The ultimate goal is to keep all traffic clear from Jack Leslie way. That said, any traffic that is permitted past the road screening has been pre-approved and is in direct control of the football club safety officer or police.

For example, we have direct comms with city busses and they arrive and leave under the direction of the safety officer. They are also approved (by PCC) to park at that dedicated bus stop where a private hire vehicle is not. The busses organised by PAFC also provide us with timings, insurance, driver details etc so we can ensure in the event of any incident we have the right info.

Away coaches are brought in under police control with direct comms with the safety officer, police and all have stewards onboard. 90% of the time these will park at Harpers too unless we have any specific intel/risk to consider. I suspect next season all away coaches will be off-site.

The private hire coaches are not organised by the club and this means we cannot guarantee we can be in control therefore are provided free parking at Harpers as this is the closest we could accommodate a coach.

Unfortunately most of the near misses have been a result of coaches/cars privately organised wanting to drop passengers as close to the stadium as possible and close to kick off.

CK
Thanks for the detailed reply. It seems bizarre that Roselyn coaches (for example) don't seem able to engage with the club as now expected - as I know a number of fans on board have struggled with the new drop offs, my own dad included.

Reactions: Keith Whitfield

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
The other thing I would add is that being able to get a beer undercover before and after the game is not ‘hospitality’ it should be the absolute standard that people in the Mayflower have been missing since the redevelopment.

These are the prices for Forest next season. The best seats in the house for £850. Around half of what Argyle are looking to charge. They won’t get wet when it rains and can get a beer at half time without getting soaked as well. Their fans are furious with the prices by the way as Man City and Everton fans are pointing out their seats are cheaper. 🤷

IMG_0810.jpeg

Jul 9, 2011
I’m really struggling to understand why people would pay 1800£ to sit in the rain on a cushion and be able to have a pint before/ after in the old green tavaners with some entertainment. Those people being forced to move try the grandstand say 500£ join the tavaners for 50£ get a pint with entertainment before/ after the game for basically 1/3 of the price and not surrounded by what will be probably be day trippers or people pretending they have money .
I really must be missing something that Argyle are offering on this deal or as I said in a previous post is it a back door way of selling more season tickets at a very high price.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2013
I believe the entire building will be known as The Far Post Club. Downstairs will be known as Thatchers Bar and upstairs will have another name that I forget.
No the Far post club will replace the Taveners but in the new marquee…..the Thatchers sports bar will be downstairs in the old taveners and upstairs will be corporate dining…….i think that’s clear ………..

ChepstowGreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
I’m really struggling to understand why people would pay 1800£ to sit in the rain on a cushion and be able to have a pint before/ after in the old green tavaners with some entertainment. Those people being forced to move try the grandstand say 500£ join the tavaners for 50£ get a pint with entertainment before/ after the game for basically 1/3 of the price and not surrounded by what will be probably be day trippers or people pretending they have money .
I really must be missing something that Argyle are offe》ring on this deal or as I said in a previous post is it a back door way of selling more season tickets at a very high price.
It must be mostly aimed at local companies / sponsors, who will buy corporate season tickets for use through the season, probably depending on fixture and weather (and demand).

It's always good to be able to offer things to your clients / staff as a thank you, and this would be a way for sure.

Hopefully not relevant, but one of my biggest bug bears in modern football are the often regular swathes of empty corporate seats at Wembly directly opposite the cameras behind the dug outs, always worse for lower profile games. (And for the first ten mins of the 2nd half). IMO at the very least the FA should do is turn the cameras around so it doesn't look so bad on TV. Its like a visceral reminder of money in football, the haves and the have nots, particularly when the rest of Wembley is completely sold out.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChurPev and saxman
Apr 6, 2009
Considering most of the season is in the winter thees no way I would pay that much to potentially get wet in a load of games. Can't Imagine there are many stadiums with those type priced seats where there is no protection from rain.
I assumed that's why lower Mayflower is slightly cheaper

ChepstowGreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Considering most of the season is in the winter thees no way I would pay that much to potentially get wet in a load of games. Can't Imagine there are many stadiums with those type priced seats where there is no protection from rain.
I assumed that's why lower Mayflower is slightly cheaper
Yes it does seem an odd paradox with the cheaper seats just a few rows away.

I must say the recent ability to go the fan park at half time for some food & drink if wanted / a little bit of shelter has made the overall non-match experience loads better, although it'd be nice to have a run of dry games that's for sure.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I really must be missing something that Argyle are offering on this deal or as I said in a previous post is it a back door way of selling more season tickets at a very high price.
The gold package that I first took out whilst not being a bargain was quite good. It gave access to the club argyle from 3 hours before. There were interviews with injured players, Neil Dewsnip would come in and announce the team, you could sit and watch the warm ups from a comfortable warm seat. After the match the man of the match would come in and do an interview. It was very accessible as it was 5 yards from my seats. No queues for toilets or a beer.

My understanding of gold now is that you have access to the bar and some entertainment. I’m not sure what that entertainment is, but I didn’t want to listen to a band play - that’s my worst nightmare.

There will 100% be loads of empty seats for 10 mins after half time as people come back from The Far Post, there are now and it’s five times the distance.

Greenarmy96

Cream First
Oct 5, 2021
I agree - as a lower mayflower ST holder I have been absolutely soaked loads of times this season (or would have been without the proper weather proof clothes etc), and it doesn't really seem the ideal experience for corporate hospitality, padded seats, etc.

Maybe the extra income will help pay for a grandstand roof extension...! 🤔
🚨Dry Robe User Alert!! 🚨