Lower Mayflower seat "evictions" | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lower Mayflower seat "evictions"

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
May 21, 2018
Lots of people using the word 'corporate'. Most hospitality seats are sold to individuals as 'VIP seats' - I tried to get seats for Leeds before the season started and they had already sold out so there is plenty of unmet demand. Good profit to be made by selling a meal and guaranteed seat (in the most weather threatened part of the stadium) for £100+ each (they can use use offsite hotels like the Copthorne for the catering bit but they still need the seats for the game). Still room for the ST holders and gets more money fr the occasionals...

greenpizzapie

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 30, 2021
Upstairs is the Maritime lounge.
Ahh maybe i was mistaken with the Far Post Club then, maybe as someone else said the new ticket will allow access to the Bar within the hospitality Suite.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Ahh maybe i was mistaken with the Far Post Club then, maybe as someone else said the new ticket will allow access to the Bar within the hospitality Suite.
I’d say the building is called the far post and then each room has the two names.

Reactions: greenpizzapie

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yes. I really didn’t like the way the long term supporter was almost who had to move seats was almost dismissed at the fans forum last year.
The club will need fans like him if/when we go back down the leagues.

Totally agree, I thought he was fobbed off. The chap was emotional about it as he had been sitting there since the 2001 refurb.

Problem is you can understand it from both angles.

Reactions: Age of reason
Aug 4, 2011
Lots of people using the word 'corporate'. Most hospitality seats are sold to individuals as 'VIP seats' - I tried to get seats for Leeds before the season started and they had already sold out so there is plenty of unmet demand. Good profit to be made by selling a meal and guaranteed seat (in the most weather threatened part of the stadium) for £100+ each (they can use use offsite hotels like the Copthorne for the catering bit but they still need the seats for the game). Still room for the ST holders and gets more money fr the occasionals...
Understand all that, this offering has no food i’m lead to believe, but as a supporter of 35 years, who I’ve struggled like hell to convince my kids to become argyle regulars (and feel this season I’ve finally broken the back) I’m now being turfed out with the distinct possibility of having nowhere else (or at least nowhere acceptable) to go next season. Like I’ve said previously, until the club firmly come back with an alternative offering I refuse to condemn the decision too much, but either way it feels very much a case of out with the old and in with the new.

What next, removing OAP and student concession rates in favor of higher paying corporate guests (sorry I mean VIP supporters)

Reactions: truejanner

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Understand all that, this offering has no food i’m lead to believe, but as a supporter of 35 years, who I’ve struggled like hell to convince my kids to become argyle regulars (and feel this season I’ve finally broken the back) I’m now being turfed out with the distinct possibility of having nowhere else (or at least nowhere acceptable) to go next season. Like I’ve said previously, until the club firmly come back with an alternative offering I refuse to condemn the decision too much, but either way it feels very much a case of out with the old and in with the new.

What next, removing OAP and student concession rates in favor of higher paying corporate guests (sorry I mean VIP supporters)
come over to block 14 if you can.
Good view, plenty of atmosphere and I haven’t got wet once this season!!

I genuinely feel sorry for those having to move and I hope they get a decent choice of replacement seats but unfortunately this is the reality of success and the evolving nature of football at this level these days.
Last season it was the flexi memberships and the floating fans that picked and choose which games they went to that lost out.
It doesn’t mean the club suddenly don’t care about fans.
It means that we’re trying to compete in a league where spending is ridiculously out of sync with clubs income and mostly reliant on wealthy owners gambling on premier league promotion.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012

I genuinely feel sorry for those having to move and I hope they get a decent choice of replacement seats but unfortunately this is the reality of success and the evolving nature of football at this level these days.
Last season it was the flexi memberships and the floating fans that picked and choose which games they went to that lost out.
It means that we’re trying to compete in a league where spending is ridiculously out of sync with clubs income and mostly reliant on wealthy owners gambling on premier league promotion.

My first block (for about 5 years) after the 2001 refurb. Only problem was the sun got in my eyes at certain time of the year.

Jul 12, 2016
Thanks.

Think we’ve already been clear on the coaches and the reasons behind the changes this season. This is a safety based decision and one that allows many supporters to feel safe when in close proximity to the ground. We’ve received many emails thanking us for making the change after some near misses.

Equally, home supporter coaches have been allocated free of charge parking at Harpers Soccer centre which is very much in walking distance. I would argue that providing free coach parking to supporters using sustainable travel from further afield is very much in line with our values.

CK
I have been using Roselyn coaches for many years and having spoken to fellow supporters on the coach none of us can ever recall a near miss. The irony is that now elderly supporters ,when attending evening games ,have to walk sometimes in darkness to try and find their coach. So much for health and safety. Did the official Assistant H&S Officer speak to the club as promised?

Sep 12, 2015
Totally agree, I thought he was fobbed off. The chap was emotional about it as he had been sitting there since the 2001 refurb.

Problem is you can understand it from both angles.
What ! Greed or loyalty the thing that’s the clubs ethics and family inspired philosophy. Just asking.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The need to earn more money for our club to progress v peeing some fans off.

Aug 4, 2011

Same as Ian, that’s where I migrated from. Mayflower has been a far better experience in terms of view, half time and pre match ques, access to the fan zone and more legroom. Might have no choice

Apr 1, 2017
Same as Ian, that’s where I migrated from. Mayflower has been a far better experience in terms of view, half time and pre match ques, access to the fan zone and more legroom. Might have no choice
Out of curiosity,why is the view from the lower Mayflower apparently better than the view opposite from the Lyndhurst ?

Reactions: Shorty
Aug 4, 2011
Out of curiosity,why is the view from the lower Mayflower apparently better than the view opposite from the Lyndhurst ?
Think it’s probably the slope of the stand, spacing of seating that gives the illusion. Just feels a better viewing experience (when it doesn’t rain)