League Cup Draw (Bristol City away) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

League Cup Draw (Bristol City away)

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
Lundan Cabbie":1vravksm said:
CornishPaul":1vravksm said:
Neilio":1vravksm said:
The seeding aspect is ridiculous in my opinion. I was going to elaborate but it'll annoy me.

Totally agree. Why do clubs in the league cup need to be seeded. Just another way of helping out bigger clubs. Disgrace.

Surely it's the other way around. It increases the chances of smaller clubs getting a more attractive tie. Away to Cheltenham or home to Villa? I know which I would prefer?

A more attractive tie (your words) is an established premier league club. We were in the championship not all that long ago, so most clubs there would be of no interest to me in terms of being an attractive tie. Notwithstanding that, why seed it when some clubs just want to get as far as they can in the competition.

Give me a L2 team in the first round with the chance of a Prem team in the 2nd or 3rd round any day - see finances also. I'm aware teams in European competitions don't enter until the 3rd round but why make it harder to get there.

Aug 12, 2016
Bang Phra. Thailand
Having lived in Thailand for many years and watched Thai footy (Thai Port FC fan me) I can assure you that Thai fans will not be jumping for joy over the prospect the League cup round one.
Most of them have no knowledge whatsoever of any club outside the Premiership.

May 14, 2016
The draw takes place today at 1pm. Hopefully we can avoid a tie against Southend away! Villa at home or either of the Bristol clubs away would be ideal.

O

One Team In Bristol

See you green mob at the gate! Finally a decent first round tie for us! Would have preferred Home Park but at home is good. I imagine we will price it £10-£15 for Adults so I could see you selling all 4k in the Atyeo.

Aug 24, 2011
One Team In Bristol":3euom3db said:
See you green mob at the gate! Finally a decent first round tie for us! Would have preferred Home Park but at home is good. I imagine we will price it £10-£15 for Adults so I could see you selling all 4k in the Atyeo.

Haha for this cup? not a chance mate, 1500 tops. Your not a big club and its a good draw for both because it wont disturb the league with shorter travelling.