Kit news - day two (training & leisure wear) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kit news - day two (training & leisure wear)

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
Wow. This site and it's negativity. Honestly guys, get a grip. The kit is decent – made by a global manufacturer according to their current design specs (but not a complete mimic of other teams). It can't appeal to everyone's taste but it's certainly not awful.

The training kit is fine too – it's for training in. It's Argyle colours. It's fine.

Really. The amount of complete nonsense makes my head spin!

Jan 3, 2013
OwenJones":3aplhyra said:
Wow. This site and it's negativity. Honestly guys, get a grip. The kit is decent – made by a global manufacturer according to their current design specs (but not a complete mimic of other teams). It can't appeal to everyone's taste but it's certainly not awful.

The training kit is fine too – it's for training in. It's Argyle colours. It's fine.

Argo colours? The training kit? :funny:

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":202l6bz6 said:
OwenJones":202l6bz6 said:

Argo colours? The training kit? :funny:

?

Argyle are green & black/white. The kit is green and dark grey... It's not like it's tangergreen or 'royal lilac' is it?!

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Jeezus H Christ, could it be any more BORING?!! Argo really have come up trumps this year in the naff kits department. :facepalm:

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
OwenJones":2h8gedmy said:

You'll notice that I mentioned how positive I felt about the kit and training gear last year. As a result, the club got about £80 out of me. This year, the club will not. If the club sell the same or more kits and training gear this year, then I'll be perfectly happy being in a minority in thinking that this year's offering is inferior. The overall sales volumes will speak for themselves.

Until then, I may choose to continue voicing my opinion about Argyle's kit on an Argyle website, if that's alright by you of course.

Jan 3, 2013
landons forehead":2iypcsi4 said:
OwenJones":2iypcsi4 said:

You'll notice that I mentioned how positive I felt about the kit and training gear last year. As a result, the club got about £80 out of me. This year, the club will not. If the club sell the same or more kits and training gear this year, then I'll be perfectly happy being in a minority in thinking that this year's offering is inferior. The overall sales volumes will speak for themselves.

Until then, I may choose to continue voicing my opinion about Argyle's kit on an Argyle website, if that's alright by you of course.

My thoughts to a t

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
landons forehead":w5exbvul said:
OwenJones":w5exbvul said:

It wasn't a personal attack, Landon. Chill.

It just seems this site is always full of angst and negativity – whether it's the kits, the marketing, the signings, the manager. Of course it's your right to say you don't like it, but people use these things and add them up, counting them all against the club so when something else comes up they don't like it becomes 'same old bleddy Argyle', when really we need to find a bit of positivity somewhere.

As a designer, myself I know there's subjectivity in all this kind of thing. I admit the training kit doesn't really turn me on. But hey, it's no big deal. Is it??

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If Argyle go to the top of the league in the first few months, all the gear will sell like hot cakes.

The new home kit doesn't light my fire, but the training kit is grey, so what, it's training gear and to be fair, an awful lot of raining gear is grey, so why not PAFC?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
But it is a 'relatively' (and of course in the scheme of things it's completely meaningless!) big deal if you're someone who wants to both wear some Argyle gear and give the club money.

I was looking forward to the training gear because I'd like to wear something day to day that isn't a football shirt. Realistically I'm not going to spend £32.50 on the dingy teamwear polo shirt that's been revealed, so in that sense I'm disappointed.

But yes, it's not a big deal, I just wanted to buy something because it's nice rather than buying it because it's Argyle. Especially at £20-30.