Kit, image and brand identity. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kit, image and brand identity.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
GreenObserver":24rkrw1f said:
There is brand identity and it’s pantone 3308. Why change it again?

It’s not merky green, it’s quality green. It’s like British racing green. Like country estate green. It’s classy. It’s professional.

The club are right to keep it. They’ve made a decision and they’re sticking with it. And long may they withstand the pressure from a minority of moaners.

If we actually had shirts of the colour you're describing, I'd be inclined to agree. Unfortunately there is often as much or more white in order to make them more visible. One of the reasons why a brighter green makes more sense.

Also, no one currently at Argyle made the decision to go dark green. To be honest, I'm surprised that after administration they haven't got for the obvious PR move of Brighter Green for a Brighter Future.

I am also one of the people who honestly doesn't give a fig if we change shade from season to season. St Etienne have a far darker shade of green this season than last year and they're still Les Verts.

We're the Green Army, the only team of note to wear green in the country. Embrace and own the whole colour with all its shades.

Jun 5, 2010
Our sponsors show our identity...I also like he shade of green we use now,ours classier.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Green_Matt":2zgg03gj said:
Brand identity? People in Plymouth 'support' teams like Liverpool because of brand identity and I see no merit in Argyle attempting to appeal to that mindset. Win games and they will come.

No they won’t. They never have.

The only time that Argyle gets any mega crowd is a) when we’re playing a top premier league side, or b) when we get to Wembley, or c) outside the council building to celebrate promotion, and I can guarantee you that every single one of those ATID supporters will claim to have been to every game.

‘Twas ever thus and until such time as we get to the “promised land “ it will never change.

May 8, 2011
As I was on the tube yesterday with my green and white scarf on a number of people asked me who Plymouth were playing and/or what was the score.

We have 2 distinctive images for branding purposes, we are the only Argyle and we play in green. Non Argyle supporters really wouldn’t know or care about shades of green, to them it just needs to be green.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Boring again as per previous why not as per last season's kit dark green and black at home or like dave smith era and apple green and white away i.e. the Kemp Adidas era
Let's be honest this lime green is not argyle green and is bloody awful ! Bought one but it is awful

Either that or as per last season white with green and black which again could be the lighter shade
I personally don't think it's that difficult but the board or CE seem incapable of giving the fans what they want

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
HC Green":3gfo1v63 said:
As I was on the tube yesterday with my green and white scarf on a number of people asked me who Plymouth were playing and/or what was the score.

We have 2 distinctive images for branding purposes, we are the only Argyle and we play in green. Non Argyle supporters really wouldn’t know or care about shades of green, to them it just needs to be green.

Exactly.

Jul 15, 2011
Agree this is a close-season kind of discussion....

But have to say that i like that kit in the Preston photos (link in 1st post)

COYG

Apr 15, 2008
London
X Isle":18a1y76u said:
Green_Matt":18a1y76u said:
Brand identity? People in Plymouth 'support' teams like Liverpool because of brand identity and I see no merit in Argyle attempting to appeal to that mindset. Win games and they will come.
...or not if the last successful championship side is anything to go by :whistle:

Sustained success would be good, not just for half a season.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I really like the PNE kit actually. If we wore that with white shorts and a white trim I'd be straight down to the club shop.