Karl Duguid out of retirement | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Karl Duguid out of retirement

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
IJN":1amxqjni said:
Silly thing to say really, just didn't rate the bloke at all.

But people go on about that bleddy game as if it was brilliant, it wasn't.

Give it a rest, I wouldn't be complaining playing at grounds like the Emirates week in, week out. I know you're all for your 'proper grounds' but the novelty wears off, I'm fed up of visiting sh*tholes like Hartlepool.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No I won't, I'll say what I want thank you.

For the record, I too am VERY fed up with visiting the shitholes of football, but give me a Hillsborough, Loftus Road or Villa Park any day over the woeful Emirates.

Soulless and plastic.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
IJN, did you remain seated, winging about the stadium whilst the other 9000 or so fans were cheering Dugoids goal at the emirates?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I may have, I think my testicles were welded to the £70 seat, it was that cold. :greensmile:

I know what you mean John.

Just a bit grumpy the other night, but Duguid was crap in my opinion and a poser, add that to the jester hat wearing, half scarf selling mass of 9000 'Argyle 'til I die' love in, perhaps that explains my pi$$offedness on the subject of the air punching 'legend' at 'The' Arsenal game.

I went, I wouldn't again that's for sure, as I hated every minute of it, I really did.

I think it was also the fact that most Gunners didn't give a damn and gave their tickets (which they HAD to buy) to their nephews and nieces who bought new scarves for the occasion (I have never seen so many new scarves at one match EVER).

Just one of those games that sticks in my mind for the wrong reasons.

Give me a 3-2 comeback win at the Memorial any day of the week.

Nothing against Arsenal, love Highbury, but that new B&Q monstrosity is anti football as far as I'm concerned. It's like B&Q but a little bit noisier.

Hope that explains. :twisted:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
IJN":1qw9ucn7 said:
I may have, I think my testicles were welded to the £70 seat, it was that cold. :greensmile:

I know what you mean John.

Just a bit grumpy the other night, but Duguid was crap in my opinion and a poser, add that to the jester hat wearing, half scarf selling mass of 9000 'Argyle 'til I die' love in, perhaps that explains my pi$$offedness on the subject of the air punching 'legend' at 'The' Arsenal game.

I went, I wouldn't again that's for sure, as I hated every minute of it, I really did.

I think it was also the fact that most Gunners didn't give a damn and gave their tickets (which they HAD to buy) to their nephews and nieces who bought new scarves for the occasion (I have never seen so many new scarves at one match EVER).

Just one of those games that sticks in my mind for the wrong reasons.

Give me a 3-2 comeback win at the Memorial any day of the week.

Nothing against Arsenal, love Highbury, but that new B&Q monstrosity is anti football as far as I'm concerned. It's like B&Q but a little bit noisier.

Hope that explains. :twisted:

I'm with this. Duguid's goal at Arsenal just didn't get me going as much as, say, Wright Phillips' away at Swindon. I'm afraid I'm one of those people that does not dream of life in the Premiership in any way shape or form. I like my football a bit rough round the edges. Championship for me.

How could you not want to be in the Premiership?!?! That is a slightly arrogant thing to say really!

I would love for Argyle to be in the Premiership one day, even if it was only for a season, it would be amazing!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mmm, maybe, but it doesn't drive me on thinking about it, like FoDG, the CCC is where it's at. That Prem is great, but to see your team battered week in and week out, doesn't really do it for me.

Championship, with a proper ground, year in and year out, will do it for me.

G

Greenskin

IJN":23y8bwji said:
Mmm, maybe, but it doesn't drive me on thinking about it, like FoDG, the CCC is where it's at. That Prem is great, but to see your team battered week in and week out, doesn't really do it for me.

Championship, with a proper ground, year in and year out, will do it for me.

Wouldn't necessarily have to be that way though. A lot of clubs who haven't been to the top flight for years or never before in some cases have been there and acquitted themselves quite well-sure, many of them have struggled around the lower regions of the table but have still obtained some good results in amongst a hiding or two [Leicester 5 United 3,Chelsea 1 Burnley 1 etc].It'll be interesting to see what happens should Bournemouth [FFS] get there.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can't argue with that, perhaps it's just a lack of confidence thing after seeing my team battered against Dagenham & Redbridge.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Lewdownlee":3htjz0js said:
How could you not want to be in the Premiership?!?! That is a slightly arrogant thing to say really!

I would love for Argyle to be in the Premiership one day, even if it was only for a season, it would be amazing!

It would be arrogant if I thought we had a right to be in the Prem. I don't see how settling for the Championship - a league in which we had a lot of fun with some great teams in nice grounds - is arrogant. I really struggle to identify with a Premier League that has an average salary of over 2 million, where some clubs charge 50 quid plus for a ticket, and where we would be mullered. It just doesn't float my boat where lower league football does. I don't much like League 2, but happy with the Championship. Not arrogant, just the way it is for me. It would be exciting for a season yes, but I don't see it as an aim or an aspiration that makes much sense for a club of our ilk. And if any owner made it our aim, id be suspicious, because it would probably be person we couldn't trust. I want a well run club that knows its shape and size. For every Swansea (good on them) there are many more clubs run by shady types with a fetish for the Prem.

I'd love to play in the Premier League.

We always go on about testing ourselves against 'the likes of' Forest, Leeds, Derby and Sheffield Wednesday. That's all well and good, but imagine replacing those four with Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea? Incredible.