Jason Banton Tweet (Twitter Alert) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jason Banton Tweet (Twitter Alert)

C

Cobi Budge.

A good option but wouldn't be a major loss if he left, he's been nowhere near good enough since rejoining the club (apart from pre season), he just hasn't got stuck in & has looked a passenger. If we can hopefully extend Reid's loan then I can't see Banton getting much time this Season.

Oct 19, 2010
If he isn't prepared to roll up his sleeves and work for his place then feel free to leave.

The tweet could be about anything though, but even so I'm sure he knows what he's doing by tweeting it.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
So much talent, so little application.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I think we should keep him, he seems the sort who if we let him leave would somewhere else and score loads of goals. I think give him at least until the end of the season.

May 1, 2011
LiskeardLooney":3bi3rubx said:
Just seen Jason Banton has tweeted January with a think bubble. Planning on going somewhere Jason?

It's a swop with Messi and cash for us, still think we have lost out.

B

bizzay1

Bristol Rich":7hz1vwjo said:
It's a swop with Messi and cash for us, still think we have lost out.

I think you misheard, I heard it as 'it's going to get messy, especially if there's a crash'

Sep 28, 2003
London
Wouldn't mind at all if he left.

He's been terrible since he came back, but seems to have a proper "I'm a star" arrogance to him, which has no basis in anything he actually does.

I dare say we put him on pretty good money to get him to drop down to L2 - that's money that'd be better spent on just about anything than him.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I agree. Completely different player to the one we had during our first loan spell.

The thing that bugs me is if he were to leave I just know he'd perform and become the player that we want/need him to be here.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Fans moan about player loyalty but what about fans loyalty?! He almost kept us up single handedly last time, at least give him a full season! I bet Arsenal were kicking themselves for not getting rid of Henry when he started slowly because he never improved did he...

C

Cobi Budge.

dazzy3000":1ytfqa6h said:
Fans moan about player loyalty but what about fans loyalty?! He almost kept us up single handedly last time, at least give him a full season! I bet Arsenal were kicking themselves for not getting rid of Henry when he started slowly because he never improved did he...

He had a significant portion of last season and the start to this season & he's looked poor since returning, he was at MK between his spells here and their fans also said he had the ability but never the application.

Too much of an ego, not gonna stay loyal to a player who doesn't seem like he wants to be here.

Banton's been a bit crap since coming back, but I think the comments on his ego, work rate and effort are unfair. He's basically been pigeon-holed from his previous spells as this lazy arrogant player - but that completely discards the fair amount more work he's done this season in tracking back and doing his defensive work. Doesn't help the manager's been using him wrong too.

Having absolutely no strength will hinder him in winning 50-50s: that's not his game but he's improved at sticking to his man defensively. We're more likely to see him actually trying things other than cutting inside onto his right if we play him centrally: I'm not saying he will come good and he really lacks confidence (and maybe knowhow of how to apply himself), but the talent AND THE EFFORT isn't bad.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I have a feeling that Sheridan doesn't do egos and that is just simply something Banton isn't to keen of.

To be fair, we gave him the ego - 'Keep Calm and pass to Banton'.

Sheridan always goes on about the 'team' and its quite possible that Banton just doesn't fit into those plans. It happens, players move on. The best we can do now is either to make Banton adjust and get him back to peak form or just do well to get the best we can for him.