Is Derek the right manager? | Page 38 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Is Derek the right manager?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
If you're not even willing to see there's been an improvement, I really don't know what anyone can say to you.

You are allowed to mention and include the first 12 games, the point that we're making is that the team has recovered from that. As we can't go back in time to change those results, that's all we CAN do.

I think it's verging on disrespectful to not give the players and management team credit for doing so.

I think l'm more than fair when all l ask to see is this recent improvement and when l look back over the past month l can only find 2 wins

Two league wins every calendar month (assuming 4-5 games a month) will more than likely see us comfortably safe, so what's the problem?

We were getting zero wins a month before, so how is even that glass-half-empty view not an improvement?

Aug 5, 2016
oldage":1uy20d3i said:
MGM,pointless trying to argue with fans who somehow see Adams as beyond criticism.I am confident that the majority of fans support your view that despite all the excuses most of our performances have been mediocre and we will be very fortunate to escape the drop.

Yes, it is a real headscratcher why some don't see the point in sacking a manager whose form in the last 10 matches is playoff contending.

What would you expect of the new gaffer, top 3?

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":d6sieevs said:
oldage":d6sieevs said:
MGM,pointless trying to argue with fans who somehow see Adams as beyond criticism.I am confident that the majority of fans support your view that despite all the excuses most of our performances have been mediocre and we will be very fortunate to escape the drop.

Yes, it is a real headscratcher why some don't see the point in sacking a manager whose form in the last 10 matches is playoff contending.

What would you expect of the new gaffer, top 3?

You and Biggs should get a room. You have made your point boys. No need to go on and on and on and ....
Ironic thing is I suspect that both of you dont even go very often - just happy to quote stats and let everybody else watch the rubbish.

Nov 10, 2008
cambridgeshire
Its a bit sad that a manager who got us promoted seems not to have the majority of supporters with him.How often have you heard his name chanted from the terraces,not just this season but since hes been here.My view is that its the style of football played,uninspiring.I think that we will survive this season BUT will probably be a stay of execution as this season we have had a large uptake of season and white memberships on the back of promotion and a cup run,however with a very depressing season unfolding how many will spend their money watching this football next year.Also people say that the standard of league one is a big step up,yet from the 7games I have seen this year there are not many teams that look much better than us, you read in peoples match reviews that it was a game of 2 poor teams .

Apr 29, 2016
Iā€™ve seen people write, ā€œwhere will the goals come fromā€. Some#nailedonrelegation, weā€™ll be lucky to get fifteen points let alone 51 for safety. Perhaps recently some of your questions have been answered. The style of the last game or two has hopefully also reassured you that we are starting to get the belief to turn the corner. I hope that you have that belief too and youā€™re willing to actually give into it!

Oct 31, 2015
Ok I have been vocal on here about getting rid particularly in sep and Oct. The style of football was terrible last season and the beginning of this season.

I was going to wait til we had 52 points to post this but after the way we have pjayed against the top 3 I am willing to say I was wrong.

There will be no humble pie because I wanted more atracking football and said these pkayers were goid enough but tge managers tactics were awful

Mr Brent hat off to you sir fir not listening to some of us. Look at Bradford who sacked their manager after 5 defeats on the trot

DA thankyou for changing the tactics. When you joined you said we would see high scoring games. Its taken 2 years but the current team with 433 is working wonders.

For the team well wow!!!!what a turn around. This is the best footbalk since Hollowords. Thankyou.

DA is the right man for the job and I am very glad to say I was wrong. :)

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
I stood on the terrace after the Rovers debacle in September and called for Adams to go.

Not too proud to admit I was obviously clearly very wrong.

Phenomenal form, and in contrast to last season, performances of late.

N

NorfolkGreen

Stuart House":2vc6rkol said:
I stood on the terrace after the Rovers debacle in September and called for Adams to go.

The turnaround is perplexing, is it the return of Taylor, improved discipline, change of tactics, either way itā€™s very welcome.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
NorfolkGreen":11pqcp9m said:
Stuart House":11pqcp9m said:

The turnaround is perplexing, is it the return of Taylor, improved discipline, change of tactics, either way itā€™s very welcome.
i think Derek started reading pasoti and finally listened to the advice of us supporters.we know what we're talking about. ;) well done Derek and all concerned. :clap:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Steve Evans":1y2qskc3 said:
finally listened to the advice of us supporters.we know what we're talking about. ;)

:whistle:

Iā€™m glad you put that wink there, Steve.

:lol:

Mar 14, 2009
For the first 15 games we were pretty awful.

The criticism was justified. The football we played was poor. We were negative in our mindset. Beaten before we even kicked off. Shrewsbury at HP a good example when we had the win in our hands and we changed to a back 5 that just invited the equaliser.

The turn around is remarkable. We now play a positive brand of football. Get people up the field. First 15 games we defend by allowing teams to come in our own half of the pitch without pressing them. Now we are pressing much higher up the pitch.

Adams and the players deserve much credit for the dramatic turn around. However, the criticism was deserved for the first part of the season. Losing the number of games we did and playing that brand of football simply wasnā€™t good enough. You can argue what caused it and make excuses but simply it was a very bad period of games under Adams.

Now we can look forward to matches because we now play football on the front foot. I donā€™t care who is right or wrong in their belief about Adams. Iā€™m just happy we reached a point in the season where itā€™s very exciting and we have a very good chance to reach our first goal. Our main goal. Safety.

We can surely just get behind the team and enjoy games that are approaching. Derby games against Rovers and Portsmouth at HP for starters.