Imagine | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Imagine

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Martyn":pf937bhh said:
up_the_line":pf937bhh said:
Stockley and Reid up front.

Just imagine if you stopped posting on here and go away :scarf:

Oooh mic drop Martyn, zing!

I'm so hurt Martyn, because what you say matters sooooooo much to me

You da man M Bomb, you da man!

Sep 27, 2017
Hard to disagree with the OP, Reid and Stockly would be an improvement on our current strikeforce.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
up_the_line":28tc3reo said:
clokey84":28tc3reo said:
This says it all really.. Exeter are in the same position we ended the season in that league yet our manager is utter tosh and theirs is legendary. Hmmmmm....

We'll see how it pans out.
It is of course possible that Exeter will bottle it in the same way we have previously. Of course they may suddenly start kicking, butting and punching lumps out of the opposition. They may not go up at all, but if they do I think they'll be more equipped to stay up than we are.
Also I imagine their chino fans will be enjoying the rampant scoring spree more than our turgid grinding down of the opposition last season.
It pains me to say it because we should be light years ahead of them and if we swapped managers tomorrow I wouldn't be at all unhappy.

Yea because the last time he took them up they flourished & became a real contender in the league didn't they?

I don't rate Tissy being better than Adams one bit but by the the way you keep banging on about him you'd have he babies if you could.
Why not save yourself 45 mins & a tenner on fuel every other week & stop when you get to Excretia Shitty.

now where's that t055er smiley gone?

Jul 3, 2013
up_the_line":15ce1cki said:
clokey84":15ce1cki said:
up_the_line":15ce1cki said:
Stockley and Reid up front.
No thank you. Not in this league, League 3 maybe.

A goalscorer is a goalscorer. Presumably you think that Blissett and Ciftci are superior strikers?
It looks likely they'll playing a division above us next season so we'll have to see if they can muster more than the one goal our combined strike force has managed so far... It'll be tough I'm sure
I suppose they do also have the unfair advantage of playing under a manager who favours attacking football, chances being created etc

I will wager you a season ticket that we wont be going down this year ...

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
PAFC94":1c7n1d3p said:
Still reckon we'd struggle for goals but could do no worse than the current crop.

To be fair it was a bit of a pointless question on reflection since Harry Kane would struggle for goals in Adams' 'keep it tight' format

Feb 2, 2007
Argyle Nutter":1x25if3m said:
up_the_line":1x25if3m said:
clokey84":1x25if3m said:
This says it all really.. Exeter are in the same position we ended the season in that league yet our manager is utter tosh and theirs is legendary. Hmmmmm....

We'll see how it pans out.
It is of course possible that Exeter will bottle it in the same way we have previously. Of course they may suddenly start kicking, butting and punching lumps out of the opposition. They may not go up at all, but if they do I think they'll be more equipped to stay up than we are.
Also I imagine their chino fans will be enjoying the rampant scoring spree more than our turgid grinding down of the opposition last season.
It pains me to say it because we should be light years ahead of them and if we swapped managers tomorrow I wouldn't be at all unhappy.

Yea because the last time he took them up they flourished & became a real contender in the league didn't they?

I don't rate Tissy being better than Adams one bit but by the the way you keep banging on about him you'd have he babies if you could.
Why not save yourself 45 mins & a tenner on fuel every other week & stop when you get to Excretia Shitty.

now where's that t055er smiley gone?

Pretty sure they finished just outside L1 play offs in the season we dipped into admin and got relegated to L2.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Deacster":dff97la0 said:
Imagine, those posters out in force at present and revelling in our poor form posting as frequently when things are going well.

Bored of people saying this.

Have you ever wondered why all the items on the news are negative?

Anger is a stronger emotion than contentment, it doesn’t mean those posting more (I know I have) are ‘revelling’ in anything.

Apr 4, 2004
Reid didn't fit into what we are doing on the pitch. He's not a target man. Adam's didn't get the best out of him when he was with us before and I think RR looked like a very frustrated player before he left. Missed opportunity if you ask me as Rueben is miles better than anyone we have. He's a much better player when he has plenty of support around him, not just bodies but forward thinking players. I reckon we could have easily kept RR. But we didn't value him because he doesn't fit into the system.

Feb 8, 2005
ming the merciless":1o61sdyx said:
Reid didn't fit into what we are doing on the pitch. He's not a target man. Adam's didn't get the best out of him when he was with us before and I think RR looked like a very frustrated player before he left. Missed opportunity if you ask me as Rueben is miles better than anyone we have. He's a much better player when he has plenty of support around him, not just bodies but forward thinking players. I reckon we could have easily kept RR. But we didn't value him because he doesn't fit into the system.

I agree wholeheartedly with you Ming.

Mar 14, 2009
Your forgetting one important factor UTL....

If Argyle were so poor last season, as you and I have previously stated, then it's says a lot that they got promoted out of that league. Shows the type of standard needed.

Remember we got promoted with players like Miller, Sawyer, Slew, Smith, Donaldson etc....playing in a significant number of games. Hardly world beaters are they, yet they were one game away from being league two champions.