iFollow Argyle | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

iFollow Argyle

Are you happy with ifollow

• Yes

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
May 4, 2012
Sunderland
khennes_904":31uzm99i said:
Ottawa Green":31uzm99i said:
Rip off as far as i'm concerned

Have to agree OG , thought it would be up and running well before now . When I subscribed I was under the impression that all pre season games would have video coverage.

Did you get your refund.. :cry:
Another club, though I can't remember which, tweeted something about this. The video coverage is League games only.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Guiri Green":z1dz42i1 said:
Fed up with it now.

I'm in the UK and it's worked for a short while using Chrome, but for the last few days it hasnt.

The Video tries to load then just sits there doing nothing. Tried the chat, which unsurprisingly responds by saying the chat session has ended. I was hoping to catch up on Player interviews and the pre season highlights.

Not quite sure what I'm paying for anymore. Paid until December, doubt if I will renew.
I've just played both highlights videos also using chrome and they worked fine. Problems your end??

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Argy1e":27mqqwi2 said:
khennes_904":27mqqwi2 said:
Ottawa Green":27mqqwi2 said:
Rip off as far as i'm concerned

Have to agree OG , thought it would be up and running well before now . When I subscribed I was under the impression that all pre season games would have video coverage.

Did you get your refund.. :cry:
Another club, though I can't remember which, tweeted something about this. The video coverage is League games only.

I think now that this must be the case , although I am certain that I saw a fixture list somewhere that had little camera icons by the preseason games.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
The iFollow page says this:

"Live matches and full match replays will be unavailable on iOS and Android mobile/tablet devices via a browser. We will be launching a mobile app for iOS (Apple store) and Android (Google Play Store) devices shortly."

It has been saying that ever since the Player service stopped. The important point here is that iOS and Android users CANNOT access the live stuff via a mobile browser and will depend on an App being made available. I presume that includes commentaries and therefore the lack of an App so close to the season start is something that we should be worried about.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Someone actually answered me on their chat facility just now. Here's how it went.

Me: Still waiting to find out when the apps will be available for iOs and Android users...

Them: Greetings. The apps will be available for the start of the regular season we do not have an exact date available at this time.

Me: It is just a couple of weeks away. Give me a guess....

Them: [silence]

Me: It can't have been a surprise that you got the gig as you would have bidded for it and part of the bidding process would have included having an advance idea of what your Apps would look and feel like. Was there no work done on an App just in case you were successful?

Them: [silence]

I think they have decided not to respond any more to me. Have a go. They need to know this is not acceptable.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Keepitgreen":1r5bu9br said:
Guiri Green":1r5bu9br said:
Fed up with it now.

I'm in the UK and it's worked for a short while using Chrome, but for the last few days it hasnt.

The Video tries to load then just sits there doing nothing. Tried the chat, which unsurprisingly responds by saying the chat session has ended. I was hoping to catch up on Player interviews and the pre season highlights.

Not quite sure what I'm paying for anymore. Paid until December, doubt if I will renew.
I've just played both highlights videos also using chrome and they worked fine. Problems your end??

I've just tried using Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox on my PC and it worked fine on all of them. It also worked using chrome on my Android phone so hopefully we'll be able to use this if the Android app doesn't materialise in time.

I guess I'm lucky in that so far I've had no issues with iFollow at all!

Feb 8, 2005
There is NO commentary of pre season games advertised on iFollow.

I suspect that the Club wanted and planned to do commentary over a mobile phone, as in the past, but found they were unable to do so with the new technology.

Jul 19, 2014
Some clubs are having better luck with iFollow than us...

Preston are showing all their pre-season games live:
https://www.pnefc.net/news/2017/july/wa ... n-ifollow/

Bury are offering FREE commentary for all games,:
https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/july ... re-season/

Barnsley too:
https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2017/ ... w-grimsby/

Swindon are giving free access to content during pre-season, doesn't say if that includes radio commentary or streaming:
https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/20 ... re-season/

Exeter have a statement on their page regarding commentary being unavailable without a Radio Devon source but says...
"The club is working on audio commentary alternatives for the upcoming pre-season friendlies at Weymouth, Taunton Town, Poole Town, Dorchester Town."

May 16, 2016
warney":3sx8bhwv said:
Keepitgreen":3sx8bhwv said:
Guiri Green":3sx8bhwv said:
Fed up with it now.

I've just tried using Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox on my PC and it worked fine on all of them. It also worked using chrome on my Android phone so hopefully we'll be able to use this if the Android app doesn't materialise in time.

I guess I'm lucky in that so far I've had no issues with iFollow at all!

Update. Problem appears solved.

It worked via Chrome on my out of date Android Phone. Tried again on my Android Tablet using Chrome, but checked options (Top Right - small set of dots), and saw the 'Request Desktop Site' checkbox was ticked. Cleared it and Bingo !.

Tried again on the 'Normal' internet after selecting 'Mobile Site' and it's now working no problem.

I usually have Desktop selected as Ironically, I prefer it for this Site. Technology - gotta love it. ;)

Feb 8, 2005
No, neither video nor audio - not by iFollow, the Herald were going to do one or two, but it didn't come off.

According to the iFollow support, if there is no link on the pafc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/ tab, there will be no coverage. I can't establish whether this meant audio or video or both as Lee in Support hasn't replied.

This was his only response:

You will want to select "Match Centre" next to the match you would like to view. On the next page you will see the link to watch the stream if a live stream is offered. If there is no "Watch Live" link then there will not be coverage for that match. Please be advised that all games listed on the schedule will have a "live on iFollow" link however for the pre-season this is not an indication that the game is available.

Ps. he replied again:

If commentary is provided for this game following the steps above you will see that option

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Plymouth Argyle FC‏ @Only1Argyle 8 minutes ago
Free commentary today on iFollow Argyle, via http://pafc.co.uk - find the game under Fixtures (at the bottom) and click the link #pafc