iFollow Argyle | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

iFollow Argyle

Are you happy with ifollow

• Yes

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
jimsing":1ywcy6eo said:
dellaclearing":1ywcy6eo said:
I watched from the UK yesterday using a Windows laptop with a VPN hooked up to my TV.

I was able to sign up to watch the single match by going into the "Fixtures" section on the website where there was an option to purchase just that match, there was also a Paypal button so it didn't matter that I don't have a foreign bank account.

The experience was pretty good, the picture quality was more than acceptable, not razor sharp HD but very good. There was only one camera in use, positioned on the halfway line and followed the ball around the pitch which was exactly what you'd get with most broadcast TV football, just without the replays and multiple camera angles. I imagine ours will be the exact same feed they show on the TVs in the concourse at Home Park if you ever pop out during play.
There were no on-screen graphics such as a timer, current scoreline, line-up info at the start or substitution info etc. This may not be the same for all clubs though, this may just be what Peterborough were outputting as I've seen screenshots from a Wolves fan and his feed included the timer and scoreline which is all I'd really want any way.

There wasn't any commentary from the video feed, just the sound of the fans in the stadium. Clicking the settings icon on the video player, there were 3 audio options, "English", "Home" and "Away", I tried them all but still no commentary so perhaps this is something they'll implement as the season goes on, don't see why they'd have the options otherwise.

To get around this I opened the "Watch Now" video link in one tab and the radio "Listen Now" link in a separate tab. I did this using the Chrome browser, didn't test any other browsers.
It worked fine but the video was roughly 5 seconds or so ahead of the radio. I didn't think of this at the time, but I could've paused the video feed for 5 seconds and the continued to sync them up more closely.
By the end of the match, the radio was actually about 2-3 seconds ahead of the live pictures, due to very brief freezes in the stream. Again, I could've synced this up if I'd thought about it or been that bothered by it.

My only complaint was that I couldn't get the video in full screen mode, when I clicked the option it squashed my video feed up into the top 3/4 of my screen, although the aspect ratio was unaffected and was still very watchable. I now think that may be down to my laptop/TV resolution as it wasn't the only video on the Argyle site to do it, and now having tested those same videos on a different laptop they are shown in full screen so the problem must be related to my set up. I'll need to experiment further.

Overall, I was very happy with it. Being an exile I really enjoyed being able to watch the game rather than just listen on Argyle Player. I'll still always try my best to attend games where time/money allows it as nothing compares to the experience of watching your team live and in person, but for all the others this will do nicely!

Hope that helps some of you!

Very interesting, but I must point out that if you are viewing the match in the UK then you are viewing an ILLEGAL stream.

Quote "Please note - if you are watching the game in the UK, or anywhere other than pafc.co.uk, you are viewing an illegal stream, which the club will actively monitor and remove."

I would be careful for those that do this, the Club may withdraw the whole facility for you.

I am surprised that the mods have allowed your comment.

I think he meant to say he was watching the match "... as it was being broadcasted ..." from the UK. Also I'm guessing Dellaclearing lives in Rome and the VPN referred to was the Vatican Public Network.

:whistle:

Anyway, many thanks for the info. I'll definitely give it a try next time I'm "abroad".

Dec 20, 2011
As far as I understand it; ifollow is only of benefit to Overseas subscribers!

I can listen to commentary on the radio devon in Cornwall.

Highlights can also be viewed on Argyle website.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
falmouthgreen":3stw7uoh said:
As far as I understand it; ifollow is only of benefit to Overseas subscribers!

I can listen to commentary on the radio devon in Cornwall.

Highlights can also be viewed on Argyle website.
Not all Argyle fans live in Devon and Cornwall.

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Couldn't watch the game live, as will often be the case, but went to great lengths to avoid hearing the score in the hope that I could see it on demand and thus with the "live" experience.

I was highly suspicious of the app telling me the score the moment I logged in (which it does, of course) so I got my wife to set everything up without telling me. However, try as she might she couldn't find anything resembling a whole match video, so in the end I had to settle for two minutes of commentary-less highlights, highly unsatisfactory and not a great way to start a subscription that costs over £100.

Having had my two minutes of fun I then explored to find there was also a 10-minute extended highlights video, with commentary, (how was she to know, they were both entitled highlights) and finally I found the entire match under "scores", not videos, although it does make a point of telling you the score next to that button. Thanks.

So my first day's enjoyment was slightly spoiled and now that we know where the on-demand button is I'll always need to have someone else set it up for me, or work out how to strategically cover the screen.

Not ideal, though, and to log on to a screen that gives the result away immediately (video entitled "Greg on Posh Defeat") messes things up somewhat if you're trying this scenario.

Next week I should be able to watch Charlton really live. Liked the idea above of opening a parallel radio stream.

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
There are some irritations like preseason almost passing by on it without much content(that's down to Argyle). No longer being able to sign in on other clubs.
But... today I had short highlights. Then extended highlights and finally the whole game. That in itself was an improvement on last year. I didn't use the commentary as I listened to Radio Devon but I am sure I will do if I can't get to a radio. If some of the connection issues from previous years have been addressed then that will be great.

Mar 14, 2009
A few questions...

If you sign up to ifollow and are in the U.K you get extended highlights. How long did the Peterborough game last?

I'm guessing they don't do re-runs of the whole game? To me, if your in the UK surely having highlights or the option to watch a re-run of the whole game would make more uk people interested.

Finally, l heard Charlton have opted out. I didn't even know this was a option. I'm guessing that means matches at the Valley won't be able to be watched and that includes any other opt out club?

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":kvrprf2a said:
A few questions...

If you sign up to ifollow and are in the U.K you get extended highlights. How long did the Peterborough game last?

I'm guessing they don't do re-runs of the whole game? To me, if your in the UK surely having highlights or the option to watch a re-run of the whole game would make more uk people interested.

Finally, l heard Charlton have opted out. I didn't even know this was a option. I'm guessing that means matches at the Valley won't be able to be watched and that includes any other opt out club?

I am in UK. Do the monthly pass and have highlights(3 min s). Extended highlights (12 mins) and then the whole match.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Grimsby Town are after feedback on theirs:

Grimsby Town FC

Hopefully all clubs will do the same with the aim of improving the service.

Jun 4, 2016
Mark_Smith":1144w5rb said:
Couldn't watch the game live, as will often be the case, but went to great lengths to avoid hearing the score in the hope that I could see it on demand and thus with the "live" experience.

I was highly suspicious of the app telling me the score the moment I logged in (which it does, of course) so I got my wife to set everything up without telling me. However, try as she might she couldn't find anything resembling a whole match video, so in the end I had to settle for two minutes of commentary-less highlights, highly unsatisfactory and not a great way to start a subscription that costs over £100.

Having had my two minutes of fun I then explored to find there was also a 10-minute extended highlights video, with commentary, (how was she to know, they were both entitled highlights) and finally I found the entire match under "scores", not videos, although it does make a point of telling you the score next to that button. Thanks.

So my first day's enjoyment was slightly spoiled and now that we know where the on-demand button is I'll always need to have someone else set it up for me, or work out how to strategically cover the screen.

Not ideal, though, and to log on to a screen that gives the result away immediately (video entitled "Greg on Posh Defeat") messes things up somewhat if you're trying this scenario.

Next week I should be able to watch Charlton really live. Liked the idea above of opening a parallel radio stream.

Ha ha, thats the exact same run around that we had in our house this morning. The re run really needs its own tab somewhere safely away from the match result. Not rocket science surely?? Its worse than the BBC news showing you all the goals just before match of the day unless you are quick with the remote! :facepalm:

Mar 14, 2009
Excellent, thanks for the feedback.

Would you say it's worth subscribing too?

I get to watch all home league games so it would only be for away games. I'm guessing this is more for people who can't get to games.?

Jun 4, 2016
Yeah, being abroad for next couple of years its great despite the problem this morning trying to avoid the score! I reckon they will sort that out. If I was at home in the UK I personally would give it a miss especially as you are already going to all the home games.

Jul 19, 2014
Pilgrim78":15prmw7c said:
Its worse than the BBC news showing you all the goals just before match of the day unless you are quick with the remote! :facepalm:
Haha! I've been caught out by that so many times!

Jul 19, 2014
Metal_Green_Mickey":2n4yesme said:
I can't find the link now, but I'm sure I read yesterday on another site, whilst looking for other feedback on iFollow, someone mention they'd watched Bristol Rovers lose at Charlton.
Just had a brief search on a Gas forum and couldn't find anything about it though...

Jun 4, 2016
Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Fulham, Hull City, Leeds United, Middlesbrough, Queens Park Rangers, Sunderland and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
All have opted out. Maybe they saw it on Channel 5?