(how about) Ollie Watkins... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(how about) Ollie Watkins...

Aug 5, 2016
foreigner":6rjzgj43 said:
To be fair to John James he has uncovered a few.
I don't think we have enough scouts to adequately cover the Westcountry. That is the problem.

That's the thing, we didn't miss him, we had watched him several times. Devon is a big county, but all the youth sides play in the same divisions so everyone is aware who is decent and plays where. It looks like he was never on Argyle's radar which has to go down as a misfire.

As for Beckham, Ferguson was aware of how good he was and how much potential he had. Manchester United had been courting his long term future when he was 10. Typical Londoners, Beckham Snr and Jnr were both keen Manchester United supporters. By the time he was a teenager, Ferguson would call Beckham ahead of MUFC's fixtures in London, invite him down, show him around the dressing room and make him feel valued. Having read both Fergie's books and Beckham's, I don't think it was ever in doubt that Manchester United was where Beckham was going. Even the manc lads (Butt, the Nevilles, Giggs, Scholes) didn't have the kind of passion Beckham had in collecting newspaper cuttings and making scrapbooks about the club, knowledge of history, legends and statistics - he was a real fanatic.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
foreigner":hpownofr said:
I don't think we have enough scouts to adequately cover the Westcountry. That is the problem.

Man Utd had a scout living in Newquay for decades. He never discovered a Cornish Beckham though. Argyle discovered Isaac Vassell in Newquay and released him, later to become Luton's advantage.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Plymouth85Green":1eytuqna said:
Could this be a possibility? He is a cracking little player.
Went missing today.

May 8, 2011
foreigner":3k8lvu92 said:

That is why we have hundreds of youngsters at the Centres of Excellence across Devon and Cornwall then.

Jul 13, 2006
HC Green":3cnstfz1 said:
foreigner":3cnstfz1 said:

That is why we have hundreds of youngsters at the Centres of Excellence across Devon and Cornwall then.

Two separate things.