(how about) Matt Harrold | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(how about) Matt Harrold

C

Cobi Budge.

memory man":2c52m9zp said:
On Saturday Smalley was the width of a post away from scoring a decent goal. Prior to that he was unfortunate in a one on one with the keeper. Had one of those two gone in there would be no discussion about his ability (or lack of it)

Agree totally, if Reid did exactly what Smalley did in his time on the pitch, fans would be praising Reid saying he did well to create himself 2 good chances and was unlucky not to score.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Cobi Budge.":29i6tsba said:
memory man":29i6tsba said:
On Saturday Smalley was the width of a post away from scoring a decent goal. Prior to that he was unfortunate in a one on one with the keeper. Had one of those two gone in there would be no discussion about his ability (or lack of it)

Agree totally, if Reid did exactly what Smalley did in his time on the pitch, fans would be praising Reid saying he did well to create himself 2 good chances and was unlucky not to score.
They wouldn't though would they? Every time Reid goes a game without scoring he has fans on his back calling him lazy and saying he doesn't seem to be trying.

C

Cobi Budge.

I don't think that's true, the vast majority of fans jump to Reid's defence when he has a bad game before anyone has even criticised him.

If Reid and Smalley switched places Saturday and Reid came on and did the exact same as Smalley, Reid would be praised for having an impact and being unlucky not to score twice, therefore it should be the same for Smalley.

If the ball was just an inch to the left we wouldn't be having this conversation.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
For the record, i think Smalley is a useful player, and agree he's being unfairly critcised, it was just your example i didn't agree with

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Steve.PAFC2012":2fxn8k99 said:
Personally i think Harvey would be a good striker for us if he plays there.

That's the only fault I can pick with Sheridan at the mo
Personally I feel he would benifit form going out on loan for a season or two at somewhere like Torquay where he is much more likely to get some game time and experience behind him, lets wait and see what happens in January because if the first team are doing well then other clubs will come sniffing around. All I will say is he is not the finished article. :scarf: