Home form under DA | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home form under DA

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
NorfolkGreen":3a883yua said:
The same tiny minority, berate a tiny minority about their views, whilst that same tiny minority criticise a tiny minority elsewhere on the internet for berating a tiny minority.

And the same poster taking the moral high ground. :)

In an effort to once again take the pee out of my football team Sam got his stats wrong so I corrected him.

Apr 9, 2011
Tony_Flags":2fpbwr7n said:
samjones":2fpbwr7n said:
Argyle NIL FC 0 - xx Poor Away Team

DA says we dominated the game and didn't take our chances despite the stats showing we didn't have an attempt on goal

Its the same every home game, no need to attend really which is what will start to happen with dwindling crowds now as the football is dreadful and entertainment non existent

Our first shot on target was in the 86th minute; it caused the ironic cheer and sporadic “shot on target” chants. The second was a few minutes later.
Yes & how sad is that when the home crowd are reduced to that! we are sleep walking back to lge 2

Oct 31, 2015
Jesus all I was pointing out was that we are crap at home, concede far too many and score f all (except against Excretia, Newport and Charlton). Glad I had so many matches to cherry pick from :)

Some including Ade need to take a Chill pill. We are carp at home and its down to DA and his coaching staff. Let these players play and the first 11 would be ok.

Mar 14, 2009
The thing that makes this whole situation frustrating is that DA has shown in games he can set up Argyle with a different mentality.

For example Doncaster last year at home. He made Argyle press them from the start. We played a 4-1-4-1 l believe but the difference that day was Argyle didn't do this re-treating inside their own half without getting a tackle in. Smith in particular that day was awesome before he went off injured near the end of the game after his tackle helped set up Argyle's matching sealing goal.

So they can do it at HP. It's just all too limited as to when we see this happen.

Argyle looked a different team that day.

In the early days of DA's reign, Argyle on the front foot look fine at times but the issue seems to be how easy we are countered. Leyton Orient being a prime example. Teams just walk through the middle of us whether we are high or deep. One pass normally by-passes the full backs who are often in no mans land.

So as time as gone on this 4-2-3-1 has become more and more defensive due negating some of the issues above. To the point that just like when Sheridan was playing this system you see the same bluntness in attacking options which is why he rarely played anything other than 3-5-2 in his latter days as Argyle manager.

I think the frustrating thing from my point of view is that we have seen DA have tactical flexibility during the later stages of game. The problem is at the start of a game we set up and have the same tactical & defensive mentality. Not until we struggle, are losing or it's the second half do we do anything different. By which time the opposition have normally got too strong a foot hold in the game.

Is DA being stubborn? Or Is it just what he has done throughout his managerial career? Whatever it is, just like Sheridan we slowly saw the team decline in their style of play to the point you couldn't understand what the identity of the team was under that manager. Under Adams now we only seem to have one fall back option. Take the lead and hold on for dear life. Not sure most of us didn't want Sheridan removed as Argyle manager for less.

Tony_Flags":tf00z583 said:
samjones":tf00z583 said:
Argyle NIL FC 0 - xx Poor Away Team

DA says we dominated the game and didn't take our chances despite the stats showing we didn't have an attempt on goal

Its the same every home game, no need to attend really which is what will start to happen with dwindling crowds now as the football is dreadful and entertainment non existent

Our first shot on target was in the 86th minute; it caused the ironic cheer and sporadic “shot on target” chants. The second was a few minutes later.

Actually it was worse than that. Our first shot of any sort was not until the 26th minute.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Apart from Blackpool this season ( when a Blackpool supporting mate of mine wanted to tie in the match with a couple of days in Newquay ) I haven't been to a home match for 2 years. I refuse to travel 600 miles in a day , costing over £100, to watch Argyle play defensively at home. I just go to away games at the moment where that approach can be somewhat justified but still makes for turgid viewing.

May 17, 2012
This is the most disappointing thing about DA for me. We saw recently our home support is very good for this division, and this despite 2 seasons of largely negative attritional football - you can count on one hand the occasions when this argyle side have got the crowd out of their seats with attacking verve. Most of the atmosphere at home park has been aimed at berating officials. We are consistently out played in skill , this season and last, and whilst defensive discipline may earn points, at home it has created little to look forward to and we all know, go a goal behind we have no clue how to open teams up to score. The sad thing is how many of our support are prepared to put up with this dross...you get what you tolerate.