Herald Article (fan refused coach seat) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Herald Article (fan refused coach seat)

moles40":11vvsu7n said:
If they said insurance was not the problem,then why couldn't they let you on ??

Then you say you had pre-booked train and bus tickets anyway.

So why would you want to also pay a coach fare ,if you had already paid train and bus tickets?

Maybe it's me but the whole thing just seems too confusing to understand now :facepalm:

Maybe because the coach fare was more than worth the many train changes and connections and the walk/wait for a coach in late night Bristol.

I'd of took the problem free coach journey and home before midnight over the nightmare journey and 5am+ return of the back up plan.

Seems a failure of common sense, which hopefully can be avoided in future, I'm sure whilst it's not a common occurrence, I bet it is a situation that crops up now and again.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
Delden7Jo":2wnj6clo said:
David Fisher - I will contact Mark direct to discuss this matter but there is an exchange of messages between Mark and Step-mum that would back up my what I am saying. Why is he only denying it now when he an opportunity to defend himself on Saturday evening? Not prepared to get in to a debate with you about it but I would suggest you put that question to Mark at the committee meeting.

Oh, it's always someone else's fault isn't it Jo?

I've met this 'friend' of yours Mark on a few occasions and a nicer, more helpful bloke you couldn't wish to meet. There are always two sides I know, but it sounds to me that you have put him in a very, very awkward situation.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Shouldn’t this thread be locked now as it has started to look like an attack on a disabled fan rather than the initial link to the Herald story. Whatever the ins and outs of the real timeline it should now be left to the travel club to sort out and if needed a rebuttal or apology in the Herald.

If and presumably there are lessons to be learned from this episode it will be for the benefit of travel club users going forward but that’s not for us to conclude.

Sep 17, 2017
Herald getting worse !!

Wasn’t that a recent thread ?

Shocking misreporting as Donald would say ‘fake news’.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ade the green":vne08mmk said:
Shouldn’t this thread be locked now as it has started to look like an attack on a disabled fan rather than the initial link to the Herald story. Whatever the ins and outs of the real timeline it should now be left to the travel club to sort out and if needed a rebuttal or apology in the Herald.

If and presumably there are lessons to be learned from this episode it will be for the benefit of travel club users going forward but that’s not for us to conclude.

If Jo would like the thread removed she only has to ask Ade.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
IJN":2skx4wia said:
Ade the green":2skx4wia said:

Probably a good idea to be honest Ian.

I've known Jo since she was a teenager. I've never met her Dad, but met her Stepdad on many occasions. Lovely bloke.

Now, because I'm having a disagreement with an old mate of mine (Jo), Ade the Green is labelling it an 'attack on a disabled fan'. I despair.

Locking this thread or not, this is certainly my last post on this subject.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
I think the thread should remain open.

Both Argyle and the Travel Club have had serious allegations made against them but from what I have learned so far the Herald story is as far from the truth as it is possible to get.

Was it Mark Twain who said (wrote?) never let the truth get in the way of a good story?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Ghost":1qnaejqj said:
IJN":1qnaejqj said:
Ade the green":1qnaejqj said:

Probably a good idea to be honest Ian.

I've known Jo since she was a teenager. I've never met her Dad, but met her Stepdad on many occasions. Lovely bloke.

Now, because I'm having a disagreement with an old mate of mine (Jo), Ade the Green is labelling it an 'attack on a disabled fan'. I despair.

Locking this thread or not, this is certainly my last post on this subject.

Ghost, I never mentioned you or even thought about you when I posted. I myself have taken a view that I feel is not a fair representation of my personality so I meant by myself more than anyone else.

My view is that there may well be more to the story but as a group or individually does PASOTI and it’s members want to be thought to be less than charitable when the truth will out regardless of any more posts.

If this thread was on another forum or on Facebook we would feel that it’s gone too far is all i’m Saying.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It doesn’t matter what you think Ade or David or Ghost.

Only two people can decide where this thread will go, the OP and Jo.

So far neither have requested it be withdrawn.

If either do, the Mods would then decide what to do.

Whatever happens it won’t be locked.