Gary Sawyer | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gary Sawyer

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
MOM in the 1st half but squeezed out by Jakey Jervis and Super Luke over the 90 mins.

Looks to have improved his fitness this season and being more adventurous overlapping.

Get Oscar back at RB at we will have a threat down both sides. That said Miller had a steady game today and even had a header in the opponents box today. He couldn't have realised he had crossed the half way line

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
kernow19":a784olck said:
Green83":a784olck said:
I thought Miller had a pretty solid performance and played some really good balls today. I thought it showed clearly today that he has played at a higher level.

Sorry, but I'm afraid you're not permitted to say that G83 as Miller is our designated whipping boy for this season apparently.

Ah, the Kelvin Mellor role.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
ninjamissile":26opjj36 said:
Didn't he have an excellent shot on goal in the first half?

Sawyer did yeah. With his wrong foot and it was a great save from Amos as it was heading in the corner from my angle.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The LB position is firmly his and only injury would change that.

He's easily a 7/10 over the course of any season.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
I think Sawyer had one of his best games for Argyle yesterday. His crossing and commitment were great.
As for Miller - he just looks like he has a mistake in him. Hoping Oscar is back soon.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
r4h4al":m9whl3du said:
ninjamissile":m9whl3du said:

Sawyer did yeah. With his wrong foot and it was a great save from Amos as it was heading in the corner from my angle.

I still remember his goal at Christie Park during the Pre-season in 2009. Cracking strike.

Feb 2, 2007
PlymOdi":3m6vwiek said:
r4h4al":3m6vwiek said:
ninjamissile":3m6vwiek said:

I still remember his goal at Christie Park during the Pre-season in 2009. Cracking strike.

Yes shot was with his right foot too, wrong footed their keeper who did well to adjust

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think that calling him a 'steady eddie' type player is actually (unintentionally) talking him down a bit. When Sawyer first arrived back, that description would be accurate, but despite getting older, he's developed as a player in these last couple of seasons & he's now a very rounded full back, the improvement in his offensive game has been huge, his overlapping yesterday was outstanding.

Much more than a 'steady eddie' in my opinion.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
PlymOdi":jc1xyt2k said:
r4h4al":jc1xyt2k said:
ninjamissile":jc1xyt2k said:

I remember him scoring a beauty in the 2007-8 season too - against Colchester possibly?

Mar 14, 2009
He played ok yesterday. He always seems to give 100%.

The problem is when a quick player runs at him. I still stand by my thoughts he will be found wanting in a few matches because teams will expose his lack of pace.

Mar 8, 2016
Sawyer is a solid left back, no one has really mentioned purringtons name anymore because we haven't even missed him as sawyer has been playing well. I think purrington has found himself a place on the bench at Rotherham now. Good bit of business in the end by the looks of it.