Forshaw update | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Forshaw update

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Those stats are freely available to anyone with an internet connection, but I sourced them from Opta and FBref.

Forshaw has made 18 appearances for Argyle and played a total of 642 minutes. You can definitely use his injury record as a stick to beat him with if you choose, but his ability as a footballer is without question. He's by far and away our best central midfielder and when he's fit he has to start.
I will be pleased if we can get his average 36 minutes tomorrow to be honest. There is fit and 'Forshaw fit' and we just have to hope we can get a long enough contribution from him.

Reactions: Emu
Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
I will be pleased if we can get his average 36 minutes tomorrow to be honest. There is fit and 'Forshaw fit' and we just have to hope we can get a long enough contribution from him.
what happens if he does do his fewer than 36 minutes and we are not winning?the man was a good player obviously,but now an injury liability.play caleb in midfield,if you're good enough you're old enough.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
what happens if he does do his fewer than 36 minutes and we are not winning?the man was a good player obviously,but now an injury liability.play caleb in midfield,if you're good enough you're old enough.

And Caleb is not good enough and thus still not old enough.

Seen a lot of talk about Roberts and Issaka. I really don’t think some people grasp the level we are at now. This ain’t a League Two relegation fight. It isn’t the time for chucking unproven youngsters in at the deep end. Bad for us and bad for their development. Their time will come. It’s not now.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep I'm sure Caleb will be a cracking player but there's no way he's ready right now, from what I've seen. He'd have had to come on and really boss games for that to be the case, but he struggled a tad against Leeds in particular.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It's a massive step up from local U18 football to Championship level. I'm sure Nance and Dewsnip with their experience of young players are better able than us to judge when he is ready.

Jul 12, 2016
Yep I'm sure Caleb will be a cracking player but there's no way he's ready right now, from what I've seen. He'd have had to come on and really boss games for that to be the case, but he struggled a tad against Leeds in particular.
If Caleb can get us forward he will do more than Houghton and Randell have done. Wouldn’t start with him but would have him on the bench with Freddie.

Jul 12, 2016

Seen a lot of talk about Roberts and Issaka. I really don’t think some people grasp the level we are at now. This ain’t a League Two relegation fight. It isn’t the time for chucking unproven youngsters in at the deep end. Bad for us and bad for their development. Their time will come. It’s not now.
How condescending. We all know the level we are at now but do you keep playing the same old players when they are not up to the job or freshen things up? Beggars can't be choosers and these two youngsters are Argyle through and through. I ‘m sure they would give it their best shot.

Reactions: SurreyJanner
Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Not sure what to say really, other than this...

Passes completed per 90:

1-Forshaw 40.3
2-Houghton 31.3
3-Randell 27.1

Pass completion %

1-Forshaw 81.9%
2-Houghton 76.8
3-Randell 70.2%

Total distance passes travel per 90 (in yards)

1-Forshaw 741.5
2-Houghton 567.1
3-Randell 515.5

Progressive distance of passes per 90 (passes that move towards opponent's goal)

1-Forshaw 201.0
2-Houghton 178.3
3-Randell 138.4

Key Passes per 90 (passes that lead directly to a shot)

1-Forshaw 1.69
2-Randell 1.50
3-Houghton 0.85

Passes played into final third per 90

1-Forshaw 4.65
2-Houghton 3.46
3-Randell 2.86

Shot-creating actions per 90 (passes, take-ons, drawing fouls etc)

1-Forshaw 3.24
2-Randell 2.89
3-Houghton 2.04

Tackles won per 90

1-Forshaw 1.55
2-Randell 1.05
3-Houghton 0.88

Blocks per 90 (of passes and shots)

1-Forshaw 1.55
2-Houghton 1.45
3-Randell 1.29

Interceptions per 90

1-Forshaw 1.55
2-Randell 1.15
3-Houghton 0.75

Touches per 90

1-Forshaw 58.9
2-Houghton 49.0
3-Randell 48.6

Total distance carried with ball per 90 (in yards)

1-Forshaw 161.3
2-Randell 110.5
3-Houghton 79.4
Yes, but apart from that, what makes you think he's our best midfielder?!

It is strange it's been announced he's "fit" so far in advance. Perhaps it's just a ruse to confuse Millwall and he won't even be on the bench ...

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth

i disagree.