Footy trivia quiz. Help needed | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Footy trivia quiz. Help needed

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
lipsonlad67":dd4s6bzh said:
Lundan Cabbie":dd4s6bzh said:
lipsonlad67":dd4s6bzh said:
Lundan Cabbie":dd4s6bzh said:
What did Crystal Palace hold for 38 years before relinquishing it to Plymouth Argyle?

That's got me thinking...

Look for clues here.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1920%E2%8 ... all_League

and here.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958%E2%8 ... all_League

Ah, think I've got it now.

Palace were the last winners of the old Division 3 set up before it became regionalised into North and South, which lasted until the 57-58 season. Argyle were the first winners of the new Division 3 set up in 58-59, 38 years after Palace's title triumph.

:scarf:

Jan 26, 2006
Plymouth
pastiesforlife":1zc5199f said:
Name the former Plymouth Argyle player who played in the only competitive match when England beat Brazil.

England have never beaten Brazil in a competitive fixture...

Shilton was in goal when Barnes scored that wonder goal but it was a friendly.

May 22, 2006
Lee Pitt":3jyiajlp said:
pastiesforlife":3jyiajlp said:
Name the former Plymouth Argyle player who played in the only competitive match when England beat Brazil.

Yes they have. At all age levels there is just one win in a competive tournament. A former Pilgrim played the full 90 minutes.

Jan 26, 2006
Plymouth
pastiesforlife":m6mmcarr said:
Lee Pitt":m6mmcarr said:
pastiesforlife":m6mmcarr said:

Yes they have. At all age levels there is just one win in a competive tournament. A former Pilgrim played the full 90 minutes.

Right, sorry the original question wasn't worded in that way. So an England team from any aged England team beat Brazil and a former Argyle player was involved? Very obscure!

May 22, 2006
Lee Pitt":2buwg7i8 said:
pastiesforlife":2buwg7i8 said:
Lee Pitt":2buwg7i8 said:
pastiesforlife":2buwg7i8 said:

Right, sorry the original question wasn't worded in that way. So an England team from any aged England team beat Brazil and a former Argyle player was involved? Very obscure!

Yes, England have only ever beaten Brazil once at football (in any age group) in a compeitive (FIFA) tournament.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
pastiesforlife":3c15h0ea said:
Lee Pitt":3c15h0ea said:
pastiesforlife":3c15h0ea said:

I've seen this question before but relating to Crystal Palace. The answer was Victor Moses for the Under 17's. So from that era I would guess it must be Dan Gosling.

May 22, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":1cb9z38j said:
pastiesforlife":1cb9z38j said:
Lee Pitt":1cb9z38j said:
pastiesforlife":1cb9z38j said:

I've seen this question before but relating to Crystal Palace. The answer was Victor Moses for the Under 17's. So from that era I would guess it must be Dan Gosling.

Correct. 2007 u17 World Cup in Seoul. England 2 Brazil 1 with a last minute winner. Despite our sole win, not everything different as England eventually knocked out by Germany.

Interesting England side, not so sure where some are now, ten years later: SMITHIES , OFORI TWUMAS, LANSBURY, PEARCE, Welbeck, Moses, Gosling, Woods, Spence, Hoyte, Franks. Playing subs, Taiwo, Murphy, Porritt.

Nov 18, 2011
- Who is the only player to have scored in the Conference, League 2, League 1, Championship and Premier League in consecutive seasons?

- Which country is the only country in Europe to have 2 cities each with at least 2 different clubs who have reached the Semi Finals of the European Cup/Champions League?

- Who was the only player that Alex Ferguson signed for Manchester United twice?

Sep 13, 2003
1) Thought it might he Ricky Lambert at first but it's Gary Hooper as hr played for Grays
2) Spain? Just a guess though
3) Mark Bosnich

Nov 18, 2011
Clarke_B":340pjfyz said:
1) Thought it might he Ricky Lambert at first but it's Gary Hooper as hr played for Grays
2) Spain? Just a guess though
3) Mark Bosnich

All incorrect. With question 1 the important word in the question is consecutive. Also should have pointed out that it's in the order as listed in the question.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Joe Totale":31cazpbc said:
- Who is the only player to have scored in the Conference, League 2, League 1, Championship and Premier League in consecutive seasons?

Steve Finnan?

- Which country is the only country in Europe to have 2 cities each with at least 2 different clubs who have reached the Semi Finals of the European Cup/Champions League?

United Kingdom actually have three. Greater London, Greater Manchester and Glasgow. :greensmile:

- Who was the only player that Alex Ferguson signed for Manchester United twice?

I thought this was Bossie too

Nov 18, 2011
Lundan Cabbie":1pafjii4 said:
Joe Totale":1pafjii4 said:

Steve Finnan?

United Kingdom actually have three. Greater London, Greater Manchester and Glasgow. :greensmile:

I thought this was Bossie too

All incorrect although you're on the right track with question 2...

Couple of clues, Question 1 has played against Argyle whilst Question 3 has played for Argyle.