FA Cup replays gone | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup replays gone

Sep 6, 2006
The top clubs' premise is already pretty flimsy without trying this.

It's a bit hard to campaign to get rid of replays because they're worried about player welfare if they then reschedule the season to include the hottest parts of the year.
And when international tournaments are taking place!

Reactions: Jon with no H

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Its seems to me that 5 or 6 football clubs account for 90% of national media coverage.

But for there to be a "top" there also needs to be a "bottom".

That's why the Premier League needs to ensure that the whole football pyramid can prosper.

One of the things that struck me as genuinely odd about this "deal" was how they thought a suitable quid pro quo would be to invest more money in grassroots, disabled and women's and girls' football.

All well and good... but precisely NOT recompensing the lower-league clubs who would be the ones directly missing out.

Jan 11, 2009
Why not have TWO pots. Pot 1 for the non Prem and Championship clubs and pot 2 for Prem and Champ. Pot 1 will be at home to Pot 2 and once pot 2 is empty tough! and Pot 1 only applies, first drawn out is at home to the next drawn out. And dont ell me it will be too complicated! Nowhere near as complicated as trying to decipher a Premiership clubs finances!!

Jan 5, 2023
Schedule too busy to engage/indulge fellow English clubs (who may be from much further down the pyramid) with a merited replay.
Only too happy to ponce off to Mordor/Narnia to play each other in apparently lucrative pre/post season friendlies/confected mini tournaments 🤬

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Surprise surprise Pep Guardiola is all for this and says it’s so much better for clubs playing in Europe competitions because they will have less games.

Old Brown

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 10, 2020
Wadebridge
The number of International breaks seems to be on the increase - Nations League - and it is noticeable that a lot of clubs in both the Premier League and Championship have gone off the ball since the latest round of games. Perhaps scrap the greatly devalued League cup (introduced in 1960/61) and retain a little something of our football heritage. Sadly the 'big boys' only regard football as having been invented in 1992.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He wont be when man city get relegated to the conference due to FFP rule breaking........Oh hold on maybe not 🤔🤔🤔 forgot theres no chance in hell of them getting any punishment.

Well they have the attendances good enough for the Conference.

Sep 6, 2006
What point is that? its a debated subject, which means there will be those with opposing and thoughs supporting the idea.

For those who just love to diss others without an educated response, I appreciate that's unattainable idea.
I thought the point was obvious. The loss of income