Ex- Argyle Managers - Where are they now? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ex- Argyle Managers - Where are they now?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":2eziymof said:
Probably the oldest surviving former Argyle manager, I believe, is Derek Ufton, who is 89 years old.

Another forgotten ex-manager Bobby Moncur is still drawing his OAP at a youthful 72. He remained a fans favourite at Newcastle Utd and at one time acted as a match day club ambassador. I am not certain if this continues, but he always kept himself very trim.
Booby Moncur is still doing his bit at Newcastle despite a few recent health scares. We were lucky enough to be there last week and met him in one of the lounges, and of course took up a photo opportunity. Out of a group of 16, I was the only one around when he was manager. The photo is shown here:

Community Trust

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Keepitgreen":1do8ogo6 said:
Quintrell_Green":1do8ogo6 said:
Probably the oldest surviving former Argyle manager, I believe, is Derek Ufton, who is 89 years old.

Another forgotten ex-manager Bobby Moncur is still drawing his OAP at a youthful 72. He remained a fans favourite at Newcastle Utd and at one time acted as a match day club ambassador. I am not certain if this continues, but he always kept himself very trim.
Booby Moncur is still doing his bit at Newcastle despite a few recent health scares. We were lucky enough to be there last week and met him in one of the lounges, and of course took up a photo opportunity. Out of a group of 16, I was the only one around when he was manager. The photo is shown here:

Community Trust

Thanks for that update. He always struck me as being a true gent. I recall him as skipper at Newcastle Utd and I also believe he was a Scottish International. He was a yet another member of the long line of Scottish managers, who have holed out at Argyle down the years.