Derek's delighted | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek's delighted

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
All DA is trying to do is keep morale and confidence up.

We have been in games up until a point. Losing early goals and sending offs combined with some bizarre team selections and tactics have cost us dearly.
I think the players are trying, maybe too hard at times so kicking them when they are down would not help especially when the biggest culprit DA himself would be handing out the bollocking

Mar 23, 2008
Indeed, I like the way he closes rank and publically backs the players and no doubt in private is working on our issues.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Deacster":3n8oekgj said:
Indeed, I like the way he closes rank and publically backs the players and no doubt in private is working on our issues.
DA is going to close ranks though,isn't he, as otherwise he would be on a hiding to nothing if he said we were rubbish....However as someone who has watched a few games this season I would say that we are on course for a relegation season as the football has been that poor....and not just me...take a look at how the home gates are falling...thousands have seen enough already......

Mar 23, 2008
oddball":2xl0lbnd said:
Deacster":2xl0lbnd said:
DA is going to close ranks though,isn't he, as otherwise he would be on a hiding to nothing if he said we were rubbish....However as someone who has watched a few games this season I would say that we are on course for a relegation season as the football has been that poor....and not just me...take a look at how the home gates are falling...thousands have seen enough already......
I would say we are not on course for relegation, no way. Keep the faith, we are generally playing well and the points will come. Adams is saying all the right things to keep morale up after 4 defeats.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
[quote.Oddball. However, as someone who has watched a few games this season I would say that we are on course for a relegation season as the football has been that poor....and not just me...take a look at how the home gates are falling...thousands have seen enough already. Quote Oddball.
So is this just the sort of morale boosting statement you would have preferred Adams to come out with?
I am glad not all fans share your outlook, Home Park would indeed be a gloomy place.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Steve Evans":hgx1pif1 said:
most supporters i speak to are very happy with derek.

Why wouldn't we be. We've lost our last 4 games and have had 3 red cards in as many home games.

We're going places

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Tugboat":2qjmrd7u said:
Steve Evans":2qjmrd7u said:
most supporters i speak to are very happy with derek.

Why wouldn't we be. We've lost our last 4 games and have had 3 red cards in as many home games.

We're going places
most supporters have patience.if i can apply your logic and implication,i ask you this:are shrewsbury town the champions elect?

Aug 2, 2011
Supporters do just that through thick and thin. Managers try to lift team morale unlike some on who cannot wait to kick the manager and the team. Hopefully none of these alleged supporters are in management roles in real life.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Great to read the herald and Derek Adams Backing his players and Hard work will turn the corner and We Will move Up League One

Very lucky to have him as our manager and has done a great job over last two seasons with reaching the play off final & achieving promotion last season

League One was never gonna be easy

Keep The Faith :thumbs:

Jul 12, 2016
I think some are missing the point. It's the word "delighted" which seems inappropriate.IMO this description of the current team's performance is OTT. Second from bottom,poor passing,poor finishing etc. How many fans are thrilled, overjoyed,(alternatives to delighted) No harm in raising morale but if DA is delighted with his overachieving team I am concerned.

May 16, 2016
oldage":19mfv5m9 said:
I think some are missing the point. It's the word "delighted" which seems inappropriate.IMO this description of the current team's performance is OTT. Second from bottom,poor passing,poor finishing etc. How many fans are thrilled, overjoyed,(alternatives to delighted) No harm in raising morale but if DA is delighted with his overachieving team I am concerned.

It seems that some are indeed missing the point.

He's delighted with the players attitudes considering the recent run of results and events. He even said he'd be more delighted with the points we've dropped.

I've not seen or heard him being delighted with the results. If he was moaning or describing himself as being gutted, he'd be labelled defeatist.

Jun 28, 2015
HC Green":2yjl2iae said:
oddball":2yjl2iae said:
Lesley Somerville":2yjl2iae said:
I don't think what he's saying is unreasonable. We have had injury problems, and the sending offs, it could be argued, were the result of some questionable and inconsistent refereeing. The players are working very hard on the pitch from what I have seen at home games, and we have had some spells where we've done everything but score. That said, yes there are problems but I don't think they stem from the players necessarily. Some of it is to do with tactics and some with our unwillingness to shoot when a sideways pass is available. Our strikers could certainly spend time honing their shooting skills so when they do get an opportunity they don't hit the ball over the crossbar. Saturday's game is huge in terms of regaining confidence and starting to build momentum. I have everything crossed.

Lesley...you obviously didn't see the horror show at Walsall.No sending offs in that game at all and no injuries to any players. So no excuses can be made.A pretty decent ref as well who gave us a penalty to boot.I'm sure the 1200 odd Argyle fans who were there,and yes I was there wouldn't have been at all delighted with that performance.How Derek can be delighted whilst we are second bottom and with falling home crowds so early in the season is beyond me.They can't be any worse than that at Bury.

I was at Walsall and didn't consider it a horror show, seen a lot worst games over the years.

HC Green: The performance at Walsall was abysmal apart from the first ten minutes when argyle were knocking on the door. Adams went to his usual safe, predictable and defensive formation, taking off any attacking threat we had an then we got passed off the pitch. Not sure what game you were watching but it was a shocker. However, I thought we played reasonably well against MK if it wasn't for Carey's stupidity. I'll say this again though this season.... I just cannot see where goals will come from, not enough quality brought in for my liking.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
I wasn't at the Walsall game but have seen all the home games bar Charlton. I'm frustrated and impatient at times but I can see some decent football and creativity, which is what I meant by 'everything but score'. If we were not creating any chances, I'd be a lot more worried. But it IS worrying that we cant seem to convert those chances. Hopefully on Saturday we can put that right.
The crowds have seemed very much behind the team and up for it, willing them on and not allowing the early goals to put too much of a damper on things. There has been lots to cheer, especially at the MKDons game when we threw everything at them and were unlucky not to get a point I think. 10 men makes it hard for the team, inconsistent refereeing and time wasting is beyond annoying, and we are still missing key players. So I'm trying to stay positive, mostly successfully, despite Oddball's best efforts to rain on my parade lol.