Could fans help Home Park achieve stage 2? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Could fans help Home Park achieve stage 2?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
loyal1970":11xz41x7 said:
do they not do grants anymore from sport England or what ever it is called now or the lottery to top up the 5 million.
The Football Stadia Improvement Fund does still exist, but you have to apply for it and why would they help fund the increase in capacity of a stadium that never gets filled as it is?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The Duke":kduhhtxt said:
It's frustrating seeing so many other clubs in top class finished stadiums. Maybe the Bristol City game is perfect timing? The directors will see what can be achieved by a club with a higher ambition.

Do you think it's just a case of ambition? That all the Argyle directors need is to be convinced a higher capacity would be beneficial, and they'll be persuaded to spend more money? They don't have the money.

What we're getting is all we can afford, it's not a case of lack of ambition. I happen to think the plans look great, anyway.

B

Benji Bojan32

I really like 'buy a brick' idea. Each fan could purchase a brick to be used to build said idea, (if that's what they're using) and get like a message on it for a fee?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
The buy the brick idea has flaws in that our BTB scheme was made into the laid down brick facade that was neither use nor ornament once they start to look tatty and I see from Exeter's "rebuild" that their BTB scheme was made into a wall that is getting in the way of further expansion and as we've seen, no-one ever likes to see their brick get walked on, rained on or eroded in any way.

Apr 15, 2016
To be fair, the majority of the cost of stage 1 will be a lot of the rip out and refurb and bits under the surface that we won't see but are absolutely necessary for the project (fees too). As such this doesn't provide much value or pleasure to the customer/spectator but as stated is a necessary evil.

Stage 2 is simply sorting the foundations for, and then chucking up the concrete stands in the corners - not overly expensive or time consuming as they won't be anything high spec or fitted out with super windows or technology as all it needs to be is what it says on the tin - a football stand - concrete with plastic roof and the temporary safe standing seating (assuming that goes ahead). This does however provide more value/pleasure to the customer/spectator as it is something we get to see and use and it finishes off the project aesthetically.

I'd say Mr Hallett is being a touch optimistic with under £1million, but I'd say ball park £1.5mill would not be far off. Often as in the above the greater cost is more behind the scenes stuff in construction, not the bits that provide the 'thrill'.

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
£1000 per seat × 2500 seats. Plus extended roof cost. probably North of 3.5 million total ?
I think the project needs to be broken down to about 3 different phases.
Then fans and board try to find say £200,000 pa and work towards getting abit done on one corner at a time eg first year ground clearance, second year some foundation work and so on. Simplistic but if you have a better plan lets hear it.
Or sell Sonny for 3.5 mill lol.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Biggs":34p2rrk4 said:
The Duke":34p2rrk4 said:
It's frustrating seeing so many other clubs in top class finished stadiums. Maybe the Bristol City game is perfect timing? The directors will see what can be achieved by a club with a higher ambition.

Do you think it's just a case of ambition? That all the Argyle directors need is to be convinced a higher capacity would be beneficial, and they'll be persuaded to spend more money? They don't have the money.

What we're getting is all we can afford, it's not a case of lack of ambition. I happen to think the plans look great, anyway.

The region needs to believe that Argyle are serious about climbing the leagues and yes showing real ambition. Yes I agree stage 2 looks good! That's my point.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It appears that posters are continuing to accept the Herald's article about stage 2 despite the fact that Graham Clark has pointed out that Martyn Starnes has clarified that 'there had been NO costings for stage 2'.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Why not run a weekly lottetybor something just for phase 2 I would happy to put a couple quid a week in everywhere to maybe win memorbelia or match tickets or something we have plenty of spare seats currently

Jun 20, 2017
FERNDOWN
I feel that fan fund raising for this has a lot of merit, whether it be a contribution towards or fully funding Stage 2. As I understand it there are currently no timescales so a lot could be raised over 2/3 years.

Does it have to just be Stage 2? Can we not do one corner at a time? It might add to some elements of costs splitting the work, but one in say 3 years is better than non in 5 years! So Stage 2a and Stage 2b.

Perhaps the club could be involved as well. For a long period part of the income had to be kept separate for debt handling. So what if the club joined the fan initiative by committing 'x' pence per ticket sold or 'x' % of unbudggeted income to the Stage 2a and Stage 2b fund?

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
BurnhamMike56":2vtd4wp4 said:
I feel that fan fund raising for this has a lot of merit, whether it be a contribution towards or fully funding Stage 2. As I understand it there are currently no timescales so a lot could be raised over 2/3 years.

Does it have to just be Stage 2? Can we not do one corner at a time? It might add to some elements of costs splitting the work, but one in say 3 years is better than non in 5 years! So Stage 2a and Stage 2b.

Perhaps the club could be involved as well. For a long period part of the income had to be kept separate for debt handling. So what if the club joined the fan initiative by committing 'x' pence per ticket sold or 'x' % of unbudggeted income to the Stage 2a and Stage 2b fund?

Very true indeed. I'd like to invest if this ever happened.

Jun 20, 2017
FERNDOWN
I am new on here so not a known and trusted individual, but I'd happily get involved to help make it happen. It's a big project and need integrity and credibility to make it happen. That said it only takes a few to get it started.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
However a caviat needs to be added should the club or ground be sold for profit anything that is made as a result of supporters fund raising must be reinvested in the club so that our fund raising doesn't result in profits being taken by individuals following sale of club or ground. If not we are just setting ourselves up for a fall in investing an amount we can raise for investors to keep the profits

Feb 8, 2005
edengreen":1a1bx3n0 said:
However a caviat needs to be added should the club or ground be sold for profit anything that is made as a result of supporters fund raising must be reinvested in the club so that our fund raising doesn't result in profits being taken by individuals following sale of club or ground. If not we are just setting ourselves up for a fall in investing an amount we can raise for investors to keep the profits

What a stupid comment.

Once any money raised is handed over to the Club and the structure is built then that will be the end of the matter.

Are we being over hypothetical here or what?????????