Conor Hourihane | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Conor Hourihane

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Lundan Cabbie":6f4oexkj said:
MAZZA26":6f4oexkj said:
Anyone watch the Everton v Barnsley game last night? For a good proportion of the game Hourihane was the best midfielder on show. He was slightly at fault for Everton's fourth where he failed to close his man but apart from that he showed some real flashes of quality, and nearly scored a peach of a goal at 3-3 when his shot hit the bar. Great player, will shine in the championship one day.

He is the wise old head in a very young team. I think you're right, he could very well be another league higher one way or another next season.

Let's hope for an inflated fee. :)

P

pafcstafford

I don't think the two are comparable but you could just as easily throw that carey has played the standard

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I believe Argyle have a very high sell on clause, possibly at the expense of a bigger transfer fee. I'd certainly take 50 percent of a £5m move, than have sold him for 500k and a 15 percent clause.

Could prove to be fantastic business by JB.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Biggs":3und3hvv said:
I believe Argyle have a very high sell on clause, possibly at the expense of a bigger transfer fee. I'd certainly take 50 percent of a £5m move, than have sold him for 500k and a 15 percent clause.

Could prove to be fantastic business by JB.

It will be interesting at the end of the season. If he is still L1 and with just a year left on his contract, I doubt he'd fetch £5m. A new contract with Barnsley and a big pay rise would be good for Argyle now.

Jan 7, 2013
Had a great game last night nearly capped by an outstanding goal, amazed that a championship team hasn't come in for him pre-season based on last season's performances and goals!

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Not in the Barnsley team or on the bench yesterday. Injured, suspended or dropped ? I suspect one of the former two.
Given Barnsley 's position in the League One table it is possible Hourihane might be going down as we go up at the end of the season.

Jan 7, 2013
Green as Grass":1bl89vfh said:
Not in the Barnsley team or on the bench yesterday. Injured, suspended or dropped ? I suspect one of the former two.
Given Barnsley 's position in the League One table it is possible Hourihane might be going down as we go up at the end of the season.
I too was thinking this when watching the FLS this morning, never thought it was a great move for him could easily be swapping places with them come next season, how about a cheeky bid for him haha!!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Huddersfield were rumoured to have bid for him in the summer, but they turned it down. The interest from the championship is there and he could well move on in January or next summer.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
Argy1e":23fwbjw4 said:
Huddersfield were rumoured to have bid for him in the summer, but they turned it down. The interest from the championship is there and he could well move on in January or next summer.
I hope we might have a sell on clause :thumbup:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
PilgrimLew":2pwsezjo said:
Argy1e":2pwsezjo said:
I hope we might have a sell on clause :thumbup:

He definitely does. James Brent explicitly stated after the sale that Argyle were massively putting the priority on future fees, possibly rather than current transfer fees, as that's where the buying club is quite lax. A club will often rather pay 100k up front and 50% of a future sale than pay 200k and give 25%.

In JB's words, Argyle can 'win the lottery' if just one of these players gets bought for big money.