Ciftci | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ciftci

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Not for me I'm afraid, I've watched him in every game and he hasn't got it.

Goes to show how poor that Scottish Premier is. 25 goals? Blimey, I don't think he's got five in him.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Reckon once he gets himself a goal he will be fine.

C

CADMAN

There is no excuse for petulance and not being 100% committed. I hope I'm wrong, but I'd have Fletcher over him every day.

Aug 11, 2013
Think he'll come good. Remember Reid taking ages to get off the mark when he arrived. Sheridan was loyal and he eventually came good. Needs that goal and he'll be scoring for fun. Mark my words.

Mar 23, 2008
He's just not what we need, lacks movement and effort, must be an absolute joy for a centre half to mark him. What would scare a defender about him? We are really missing Taylor.

Feb 17, 2017
No movement? I'm guessing you weren't at the game, what I saw was a player desperate for a goal and desperate to please then fans. He was jeeing up the crowd just before our goal, looks like a player who wants to be loved and a fan favourite, needs confidence. He makes intelligent runs just no one finds him and passes sideways instead, I know what let's put or league one season on a first year professional instead ideal.

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
Neilz5419":3tffmsgl said:
No movement? I'm guessing you weren't at the game, what I saw was a player desperate for a goal and desperate to please then fans. He was jeeing up the crowd just before our goal, looks like a player who wants to be loved and a fan favourite, needs confidence. He makes intelligent runs just no one finds him and passes sideways instead, I know what let's put or league one season on a first year professional instead ideal.

Agree totally.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
arrythewurzel":3tobaeng said:
Think he'll come good. Remember Reid taking ages to get off the mark when he arrived. Sheridan was loyal and he eventually came good. Needs that goal and he'll be scoring for fun. Mark my words.

To be fair to Reid he was played solely as a target man in an attempt to hold up the ball because we had our backs so far up against the wall. We couldn't afford to give him any support up front because we simply couldn't afford to concede goals. His first season therefore consisted of him holding the ball up until the likes of Banton could bomb forward and put the ball in the net, once Sheridan got his players in Reid could act more like a forward again and started scoring for fun.

Ciftci seems to be a liability; I sincerely hope it's merely a lack of fitness rather than effort but we are carrying him at present, we never carried Reid as he always offered something to the team. He either needs time to regain his fitness or he needs shipping out if he hasn't got the stomach for a relegation battle. Problem is in these days without a short-term loan window all of our eggs are in the Ciftci basket until Taylor is fit again, we have to hope and pray this bloke turns good once he's fit. With each passing game though I worry that'll never materialise.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
To be fair to Ciftci he's played four games and in three of those there's been a player sent off, two of them before half time, so he's had to plough a lone furrow.

Is he even a lone striker by trade? Did his success at Dundee happen because he had a strike partner?

At the moment he could be another Kenny Cooper.

Mar 23, 2008
Neilz5419":3pyulf4a said:
I don't buy this intelligent player nonesense, an intelligent player finds space whatever team he's in. He didn't make any good runs and the geeing up the crowd rubbish doesn't fool me, its all for the crowd but genuine passionate players don't get in for that theatre and do the business on the pitch. Did you ever see Trigger gee up the crowd? No he was too busy making centre half's game a nightmare by taking up intelligent positions and using his body well. He's good a nice touch and there is a player there but my feeling is that he's not right for us and is too static and lacks the aggression to be the nuisance we need up top.