Chelsea | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Knarf Reprah":2d1iku1b said:
Adam":2d1iku1b said:
Knarf Reprah":2d1iku1b said:
PAFC94":2d1iku1b said:
I've said this before but I know many students (who I teach) can only go to the EFL Trophy because its only £1 entry. The usual amount is just to much too much for them/their parents to pay.

I know many adults who also struggle to find the £23 per game and can only afford to go to these games.

This is why I think it's wrong for people to judge and say 'they are weird' or less of an argyle fan because of it. They are other factors and conditions involved. Degrading someone simply because they can't afford it is poor form.

Bizarre post.

You find it incomprehensible that some people can't afford to go to a football match?

Don't bite, pafc94 is trolling

Oh I'm fully aware of that Frank. I'm on 6 week holiday now so was a little bored.
holiday? I thought that you teachers spent the time marking and preparing for the coming term......

;) ;) In most cases that would be true, but I decided to devote my evenings and late nights over the last few remaining weeks to doing it all then, therefore giving me some free time to converse on Pasoti.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Adam":hrlreyex said:
I've said this before but I know many students (who I teach) can only go to the EFL Trophy because its only £1 entry. The usual amount is just to much too much for them/their parents to pay.

I know many adults who also struggle to find the £23 per game and can only afford to go to these games.

This is why I think it's wrong for people to judge and say 'they are weird' or less of an argyle fan because of it. They are other factors and conditions involved. Degrading someone simply because they can't afford it is poor form.

This argument is probably the most recycled for the support of the competition, but I still do not agree that it's worth dropping a boycott for. Its raises a couple of pertinent points, but it doesn't justify the support of B teams (sadly, if you attend you're auto enrolled by Harvey).

If anything it shows the need for a secondary more affordable competition for football league clubs. The old format offered that with no controversy and no hidden agenda, I've spoken several times of my personal experiences of the old format - some terrific stress free games.

I'd suggest a support of the boycott in protest of the competition is more vital for the long term future of the club and football league than the short term gratification of attending a cheap match.

In my opinion the games no longer have any value or credibility making them worthwhile to attend anyway. A competition that's divided clubs and fanbases, degrades our first team and has been organised by a rigged draw - I just don't see the appeal.

Nov 4, 2012
Adam":kp3a7x7q said:
PAFC94":kp3a7x7q said:
Adam":kp3a7x7q said:

Bizarre post.

You find it incomprehensible that some people can't afford to go to a football match?

No I find it bizarre you've come to the conclusion that people opposed to attending these games are criticizing people who Can't afford to go to league games.

If I was in a position where these ELF trophy fixtures were all I could afford I still wouldn't go out of principal.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
PAFC94":y01ykljh said:
Adam":y01ykljh said:
PAFC94":y01ykljh said:
Adam":y01ykljh said:

Bizarre post.

No I find it bizarre you've come to the conclusion that people opposed to attending these games are criticizing people who Can't afford to go to league games.

If I was in a position where these ELF trophy fixtures were all I could afford I still wouldn't go out of principal.
I remember the principal at Public Sec, Dr AC Williams, telling us that although observing a matter of principle was to be admired, it would unfortunately lead to a life time of missing out on things we would prefer to see.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
memory man":gs2g4wyc said:
PAFC94":gs2g4wyc said:
Adam":gs2g4wyc said:
PAFC94":gs2g4wyc said:
Adam":gs2g4wyc said:

Bizarre post.

I remember the principal at Public Sec, Dr AC Williams, telling us that although observing a matter of principle was to be admired, it would unfortunately lead to a life time of missing out on things we would prefer to see.

Missing out on things like a football league bending to the whim of elite clubs and seeing our club competing with the B sides of others?

With all due respect your former principle sounds like the kind of role model children should avoid, suggesting they don't stand for what they believe in - suggesting that to try would ultimately be fruitless.

Jul 29, 2010
Sorry MM but he has a point there. If it comes down to a mindset choice of 'surrender and give in' or 'fight for what you believe to be right' then the latter is the way of the lion, the former the lamb.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
PAFC94":1jeqcjht said:
Adam":1jeqcjht said:
PAFC94":1jeqcjht said:
Adam":1jeqcjht said:

Bizarre post.

I think you've shown adequately on PASOTI, you don't have principals. Just like to feel superior and troll people.

Nov 4, 2012
PlymOdi":12v86vhy said:
PAFC94":12v86vhy said:
Adam":12v86vhy said:
PAFC94":12v86vhy said:
Adam":12v86vhy said:

Bizarre post.

I think you've shown adequately on PASOTI, you don't have principals. Just like to feel superior and troll people.

I think the opposite. I think it shows I'll stick to my principals and opinions even if they go against the grain.

Nov 4, 2012
memory man":1fcjw1qj said:
PAFC94":1fcjw1qj said:
Adam":1fcjw1qj said:
PAFC94":1fcjw1qj said:
Adam":1fcjw1qj said:

Bizarre post.

So you're saying you shouldn't stick to your principals? Odd comment.

Jul 29, 2010
PAFC94":3uiy181y said:
I think the opposite. I think it shows I'll stick to my principals and opinions even if they go against the grain.
Keep doing it. That way they can only attack your opinion, not your character.

Be the lion, not the lamb :wink:

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
X Isle":22wc1h1b said:
PAFC94":22wc1h1b said:

Yes. Keep insulting people who don't share your opinion and berating theirs. Why am I not surprised X Isle would support this behaviour.

Jul 17, 2011
kin hell chaps....bit deep aint it?

how about just don't reply and move on to a different post!! I actually went to page 9 thinking this would be an interesting read....

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I remember the principal at Public Sec, Dr AC Williams

I knew Public was different, at Tamar we had a Headmaster JP Robb

Jul 29, 2010
PlymOdi":1bspspwz said:
X Isle":1bspspwz said:
PAFC94":1bspspwz said:

Yes. Keep insulting people who don't share your opinion and berating theirs. Why am I not surprised X Isle would support this behaviour.
I never seek to insult, that being the key distinction.

Besides, the word insulting was removed from the public order act in recent years precisely because it became so very very easy for the snowflake generation to claim they had been frightfully insulted by beastly people. Those who claim to have been 'insulted' by me have, without exception, merely turned up to a battle of wits unarmed, or have neither the stomach nor the articulation to mount a worthy defence of whatever opinion they seek to argue for/against.

I share PAFC94's broad opinion on the boycott...his words and methods chosen however are entirely his own to stand or fall by.

Whether in agreement or not though, I prefer posters who stick to their principles and fight their corner without fear or favour...

...far too many cry and run to mummy claiming they've been insulted :roll: