Cardiff match thread | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cardiff match thread

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Thanks for all the reports

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
"Wylde did what he did first time around which is run down the ring at great ace, and then give it away or kick it out for a goal kick. But I still rate him, anyway."

????????????¿??????¿¿????¿¿

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Mike Charlick":2ddt6ky0 said:
"Wylde did what he did first time around which is run down the ring at great ace, and then give it away or kick it out for a goal kick. But I still rate him, anyway."

Don't think I saw Wylde put in a bad delivery all game! One cross in particular for Blissett was exceptional.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Mike Charlick":11jsh1wc said:
"Wylde did what he did first time around which is run down the wing at great pace, and then give it away or kick it out for a goal kick. But I still rate him, anyway."

Not that difficult to decipher.

Apr 1, 2009
I very rarely do friendlies, as they tend to bore me, but was pleased I decided to go last night. An entertaining game that we didn't deserve to lose, and which showcased the potential of a number of our newbees. It's always difficult to assess such potential in an (allegedly!) non-competitive game, even against higher league opposition, but..

Lameiras is an obvious crowd pleaser, skilful with an eye for a forward pass. Can he play alongside Carey? Is he a little lightweight? We're going to have to wait and see, but it's good to have an alternetive to GC.

Edwards looked very solid and we assume he is DA's preferred partner for Bradley.

Wylde had some terrific moments, creating the two best second half chances for Lameiras and Blissett, but is never going to be Mr Consistent. Nevertheless he's an asset in a squad without an abundance of pace.

Grant showed some nice touches and movement, without hugely influencing the game.

I'll reserve judgement for the moment on Ainsworth and AST. How many of these will be regular starters remains to be seen, but I feel they are an upgrade on the likes of Donaldson, Bulvitis, Smith and Slew.

Of last season's group, Songo'o worked hard. Despite the new signings we are going to need a "warrior" ball winner in midfield, and I think he'll get plenty of games. Most of the rest played to expectations, whilst we all know Jervis is not at his best leading the line.

Plenty to wet the appetite. Bring on the season proper!

Sep 6, 2006
''It was a good work-out. I think I used 20 players tonight.

"Cardiff gave us a test without causing us too much trouble. Over the night, it was a slow-paced game.
"It was probably played in a bit of a testimonial match fashion at times.

"It was probably not the way that both managers would have wanted the game to be played, but that's the way it panned out."

The above makes very little sense contradicting himself. I do get annoyed by Adams utterances in the media quite often.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Cardiff beaten by Bideford today, but I expect it was Cardiff's youngsters playing

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":20uiu2o5 said:
Cardiff beaten by Bideford today, but I expect it was Cardiff's youngsters playing

It was the Cardiff City development squad. A quick look on their Twitter showed they had 4 trialists in the starting 11, and only one player who featured at all yesterday. Ibrahim Meite.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
LeonTheGreen":1wxj43f5 said:
Ottawa Green":1wxj43f5 said:

It was the Cardiff City development squad. A quick look on their Twitter showed they had 4 trialists in the starting 11, and only one player who featured at all yesterday. Ibrahim Meite.

Had to laugh last night when Ibrahim Meite (pronounced 'Matey') came on and was announced the bloke next to me went 'aaaarghhhh' (pirate styley), stupid but made me chuckle.