Brighton fan here - how do you rate your chances next year? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brighton fan here - how do you rate your chances next year?

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Alphabetically we're 16th. I think most of us would probably take that at the end of the season. I think we're organised and well-run enough to keep clear of the bottom 4, but I'm not convinced we've got the goals to seriously trouble the top half this season. The first month is tough though; if we get outclassed by Peterborough, Charlton, Southend and Scunthorpe, it could be a very long season.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Quite well as long as the manager stays, I think we'll finish mid table, and then the next season after I think we will be challenging promotion. :? :greensmile: :greensmile:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Playing last season's football and without the talisman who scored and created the majority of our goals, anything other than relegation will be an achievement

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
I reckon we'll probably end up somewhere between 12th - 15th, which is a decent season in my books. Though I'd love to see Argyle challenging for the playoffs, of course!

As for your lot, I think you'll be in for a harder time than us, but I still think you'll avoid the drop. I can see Huddersfield and Watford struggling, but I think you'll have that 'underdog factor' to keep you up!

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
As others have said - hard to say until we see the team take shape but optimistic from the signings so far that we might be flirting with the play-offs rather than worrying about relegation. Anyway, it will make a nice change to have a Prem team that I actually want to win rather than just wanting certain teams I despise to lose. Quite confident your lot will hang in there for a couple of seasons then, who knows, push on from there. Hope so anyway, good luck!

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Promotion again as DA has a track record of following one after the last. Hope we are not playing you though the following season.

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
I think the squad is starting to take shape to be honest. Sure, players like Lamieras, Grant and Ainsworth are a bit maverick and inconsistent, but these players can be interchanged. I like the signings of Edwards and Ness.

On the whole I'm fairly optimistic about the season, but by the same token, I'm not blinkered enough to think we're going up at a canter. Personally, I think a top-half finish and brief flirt with the play-offs would be a decent season for us and then kick on the following season and really try and get back to where, I believe, this club should be! The Championship.

We still need 2/3 decent additions, but I'm confident DA will get them in.

As for Brighton, well what an achievement and thoroughly deserved. A lot of hard work has gone into that club over recent years, both on and off the pitch and you are now repeating the rewards. When you look at what the likes of Hull, Bournemouth, Burnley, Norwich and now Brighton have done it does really make you believe that, one day, there's no reason why that couldn't be Argyle. We live in hope!

Oct 22, 2009
There's some absolute cack in that league so I hope you guys do well. Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley, Huddersfield for god sake! Whilst teams like Aston Villa, Leeds, Forest, Blackburn have been run into the ground